XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New to Moto X - Root?

Tip us?

xpsychox
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco23 View Post
first off, if anyone around here can make d-bag comments, it should be me, not someone with less than 200 posts and only 35 thanks in nearly 3 years.... I was really looking for a quick response, as I just got the phone, and did not have time to conduct my normal research before making my decision (my prior device was stolen, so I had to make an impulse buy).

So anyhow, curious to see if anyone has tried to encrypt their phone (i'm considering this due to my recent experience), and if that will impact root. My ideal situation would be to have a rooted device that is encrypted. Since I got my device on Wednesday, I should have some time to experiment - I can always claim that after accepting the OTA, it bricked.
I have not encrypted but I am thinking of doing..I am on Verizon with moto x and fully rooted on 4.4

Slapped my Moto
The Following User Says Thank You to xpsychox For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nhizzat
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco23 View Post
first off, if anyone around here can make d-bag comments, it should be me, not someone with less than 200 posts and only 35 thanks in nearly 3 years.... I was really looking for a quick response, as I just got the phone, and did not have time to conduct my normal research before making my decision (my prior device was stolen, so I had to make an impulse buy).
Gotta love the sense of entitlement. Basically what you're telling me is that your time is more valuable than my time. Why should I care more about your device than you? You had enough time to post your question, yet you were too busy to click one of the development sub-forums to take a quick glance at the busiest threads?

What does an impulse buy have to do with figuring out how to root your new phone? I figure an OG like you should be able to find information on how to root a device.