FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

CM, Micromax and OnePlus – Sales Ban Lifted

It’s less than a week since our recent in-depth analysis of the legal battle over the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

New to Moto X

OP nygbrad

28th August 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 105

374 posts
More
So why you can't root it. Just unlock the bootloader and root it.
28th August 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexuspur

So why you can't root it. Just unlock the bootloader and root it.

I thought the first sticky said any phone with 4.4.3 or higher cannot be unlocked.
28th August 2014, 09:36 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 141

249 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nygbrad

Sorry I made a post and haven't responded until now. I've had the Moto X for a week or 2 now and have gotten used to it but it seems like the battery dies must faster than my S3 did. I look at the usage and my work email is taking up most of the battery. I changed the sync from 15 mins to 30 mins but doesn't seem to help. I downloaded the Clean Master app and clear out the junk and stop apps from running a couple times a day but doesn't seem to help. Not sure if rooting would help but I've briefly read that if it's on 4.4.4 you can't. Oh well I still have my S3 so I may switch back and forth to see which I like better. Overall I like the size of the Moto X better as well as the speed!

If you're writing a lot emails you could try out K9 and change the theme to "dark". It switches from black text on white background to white text on black background. That way you save a lot energy on AMOLED-screens. It's also quite well done in K9. Most inverted or "blacked out"-apps tend to look rather goofy. For SMS I use "Textra", that has a pretty nice dark theme too.
28th August 2014, 09:41 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 105

374 posts
More
Wink
Quote:

I thought the first sticky said any phone with 4.4.3 or higher cannot be unlocked.

there is one way to find out: TRY IT
28th August 2014, 10:56 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Thanks I will definitely try the email app.

And I'm not an expert in rooting. Only did the last few phones I had. I always make sure they're proven to work before I try them haha.
29th August 2014, 07:07 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 1,793

2,030 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

You read it totally wrong. Any phone on 4.4.3 or higher can not be rooted WITH AN EXPLOIT.

Any phone *except* Verizon (non-dev edition), AT&T, and Republic Wireless, can have the BL unlocked FREE, from Moto's unlock site.

Good Luck.
29th August 2014, 10:46 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 56

672 posts
More
I came from an S3 and i found the MotoX to be much faster in responsiveness. Touchwiz is such a bulky laggy skin, although with that said, I do miss a couple of things about it:
1. The notification toggles
2. The photo gallery (create folders and drag-drop move feature so handy)
3. The ICS calendar integration

On 4.4 the battery was great on the X, but i found later iterations of the OS made the battery worse

Radio signal is much better on the MotoX device I can get LTE signal in my house which I never got with the S3

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread