Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Anybody got the Touchless Control/Moto Voice update?

OP joejoejo

5th September 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #11  
Flag Atlanta GA
Thanks Meter: 151

834 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggiestuff

I sure hope so, but that part about the hardware allowing it, puts a bit of a dark cloud over it. I read down further and he confirms that yes it will be coming to the moto X G1 so that's good news. . At this point, i'll believe it when I "talk" to it.

I think all the new Moto stuff will be coming to our phones, but I think he's referring to the new camera features, like picture caching and 4K recording. I'm guessing the sensor doesn't support it.
5th September 2014, 08:05 PM   |  #12  
Flag Porto Alegre
Thanks Meter: 271

549 posts
Donate to Me
More
U prefer believe in gizmodo than motorola? They said: Everything will come to first generation that don't need new hardware, the hand passing above the phone with new IR sensors will not come, and shotting photos with 2 LED flashs, but the rest will come. Motorola made a launching party and said that the moto X will come first to Brazil today, and talked about that.
Last edited by iSaoHatake; 5th September 2014 at 08:34 PM.
5th September 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 141

830 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sivarticus85

I think all the new Moto stuff will be coming to our phones, but I think he's referring to the new camera features, like picture caching and 4K recording. I'm guessing the sensor doesn't support it.

photo caching has little to nothing to do with the sensor. it has to do with processing power and RAM allocation. a dedicated camera (even SLR) that can take multiple shots per second will run in to buffering issues once you've reached the max threshold (bottleneck in file writing/caching).

frankly i don't see why the camera apk couldn't come to the old X. the high-level description was that it basically takes three pictures. to do this, the phone has to cache frames of rolling images and save them once you hit the shutter. based on the description, it's buffering 3 frames out of possible 60/s (i don't see it being higher than that). so technically your shot would take all of 3s to snap, save and preview.

i'd like to see more demo/reviews on this tech to find out if my assumptions are correct.
5th September 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 154

738 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSaoHatake

U prefer believe in gizmodo than motorola? They said: Everything will come to first generation that don't need new hardware, the hand passing above the phone with new IR sensors will not come, and shotting photos with 2 LED flashs, but the rest will come. Motorola made a launching party and said that the moto X will come first to Brazil today, and talked about that.

It's not like gizmodo doesn't have a positive reputation. They were questioned about it today and they indicated they were told at the press event that the features wouldn't come to the G1 moto x. It's also not uncommon for Companies to change their stance on certains things as well. The next thing we should wonder (non moto related) is whether or not Sony remote play will come to the Xperia Z2. It's as capable as the Z3. Maybe they'll change their stance on that as well if there is enough demand.
5th September 2014, 09:46 PM   |  #15  
Flag Atlanta GA
Thanks Meter: 151

834 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640k

photo caching has little to nothing to do with the sensor. it has to do with processing power and RAM allocation. a dedicated camera (even SLR) that can take multiple shots per second will run in to buffering issues once you've reached the max threshold (bottleneck in file writing/caching).

frankly i don't see why the camera apk couldn't come to the old X. the high-level description was that it basically takes three pictures. to do this, the phone has to cache frames of rolling images and save them once you hit the shutter. based on the description, it's buffering 3 frames out of possible 60/s (i don't see it being higher than that). so technically your shot would take all of 3s to snap, save and preview.

i'd like to see more demo/reviews on this tech to find out if my assumptions are correct.

Ah gotcha. Thought maybe it had something to do with shutter speed.

Quite frankly I'm looking forward to the new X. I know some people are grumbling about the size increase(rightfully so), but that's where the market is going. I see more people holding huge Samsung devices than any other, including iPhones(which I used to see everywhere). In fact, on my team of 13 here at work, only 4 have iPhones. The rest all have Galaxy phones... Excluding me of course, who made the right choice.
6th September 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 11

58 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sivarticus85

Ah gotcha. Thought maybe it had something to do with shutter speed.

Quite frankly I'm looking forward to the new X. I know some people are grumbling about the size increase(rightfully so), but that's where the market is going. I see more people holding huge Samsung devices than any other, including iPhones(which I used to see everywhere). In fact, on my team of 13 here at work, only 4 have iPhones. The rest all have Galaxy phones... Excluding me of course, who made the right choice.

I came to Moto X from the HTC One M7. The new camera features in the new moto x sound like a subset of what the HTC One has. While they are nifty, I don't really miss them. The most useful is the highlight clip. However, I can get that from G+ Photos' auto-awesome. The number one feature on the moto x that I find indispensable is Touchless Control, so I sure hope the new Moto Voice will come to gen 1 moto x.
10th September 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #17  
Flag Kirovohrad
Thanks Meter: 80

155 posts
More
Does anyone have apk?
15th September 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 8

166 posts
Got an update today but everything still says touchless control, aside from the play store. Haven't had a chance to test it out yet.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread