Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,957 Members 54,237 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Touchless Control

Tip us?

MakoVince
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Touchless Control

Hey everyone, I just recently made the switch to the Moto X and I love it. One of my favorite features is definitely touchless control. Unless I'm mistaken it's only supposed to respond to my voice yet after several attempts to train it to my voice it will still respond to other people's voice and even sometimes to ambient noise such as the TV.

Strange thing is a coworker of mine also has a Moto X, (it responds to his voice almost every time) yet his voice won't respond to me. Anyone else getting this issue? It's certainly not make or break but it's kinda annoying.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
-----| Nexus 5 32GB |-----
-----| ParanoidAndroid | Faux123 kernel |-----

Device History

Samsung Galaxy S | Galaxy Nexus | Nexus 4 | Moto X | Nexus 5

DanRyb
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoVince View Post
Hey everyone, I just recently made the switch to the Moto X and I love it. One of my favorite features is definitely touchless control. Unless I'm mistaken it's only supposed to respond to my voice yet after several attempts to train it to my voice it will still respond to other people's voice and even sometimes to ambient noise such as the TV.

Strange thing is a coworker of mine also has a Moto X, (it responds to his voice almost every time) yet his voice won't respond to me. Anyone else getting this issue? It's certainly not make or break but it's kinda annoying.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
Does it do it very often? Did you train the phone in a quiet room? Mine does it every once in a while but not often at all. I trained it with no ambient noise. Very rarely will someone else make it wake up but I read if you train it in a loud room or once with a lot of ambient noise, you may have a problem.

aldouse
Old
Thanks Meter 29
My Moto X at first was perfect.. then i wiped it clean after i upgraded to 4.4 and re-trained my voice. and then it started picking up everyone elses voices and recognizing them as commands as well. I locked myself in the closet and retrained my voice a couple of times. now it's perfect once again. give that a try!
002photography.com

current: Galaxy Note 3

past: Moto-X/HTC One/iPhone 5/iPhone 4s/Galaxy Note 2/Galaxy S3/Galaxy Nexus/Galaxy S2/Nexus S4/HTC Evo Shift/HTC Evo

h1ghland3r
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldouse View Post
My Moto X at first was perfect.. then i wiped it clean after i upgraded to 4.4 and re-trained my voice. and then it started picking up everyone elses voices and recognizing them as commands as well. I locked myself in the closet and retrained my voice a couple of times. now it's perfect once again. give that a try!
I did this and it's really better here.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk