5,599,842 Members 46,758 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Would you trade for an HTC one?

Tip us?

kj2112
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1643
I just got an X 2 weeks ago.... And am very happy.

What I did... And my advice to you... Read through the one XDA section thoroughly and the X.... You'll get a good feel for each phones strengths and weaknesses.

Sent from my Moto X cell phone telephone...

Wond3r
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 177
It's tough speaking longevity wise too because the x is 16gb and one is 32

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

brorex
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Delete

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
AT&T Samsung i747 Frosty's JB
Verizon Galaxy Nexus Mmuzzy's JB 4.2
Samsung Nexus S
HP Touchpad Classic Nerd
Moto Xoom

If someone has helped in anyway hit thier thanks button

Son et Lumiere
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I changed over from a One to an X and I don't have any regrets (aside from some annoyances with 4.4 but that's a different subject), the X is a fantastic phone. Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

I agree with jellmoo on the camera, the X takes some pretty good pictures in decent lighting, better than the One but the One takes better shots in low light plus it has many more options and settings. The One has the better speakers though the X's speaker is clear and loud as well. The One's screen is very good but I personally prefer the X's OLED; if you value absolute clarity the One's screen is better, if you value color and contrast the X's is better. I personally prefer some of the Sense apps over the X's/Google's/alternatives such as the dialer, SMS, email and the customized Sense browser is far far superior to Chrome in every way. It also has the IR port and TV app plus radio. The X has active notifications which I love, the always listening search, better battery life, stock for all that entails good and bad as well as some useful stuff like Assist. The main reason I got the X over the One is because of its size as well as the fact that the One CANNOT be repaired in any way, once its battery dies it becomes an expensive paperweight which I think HTC should be flogged for personally. I did love my One though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Son et Lumiere For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Wond3r
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son et Lumiere View Post
I changed over from a One to an X and I don't have any regrets (aside from some annoyances with 4.4 but that's a different subject), the X is a fantastic phone. Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

I agree with jellmoo on the camera, the X takes some pretty good pictures in decent lighting, better than the One but the One takes better shots in low light plus it has many more options and settings. The One has the better speakers though the X's speaker is clear and loud as well. The One's screen is very good but I personally prefer the X's OLED; if you value absolute clarity the One's screen is better, if you value color and contrast the X's is better. I personally prefer some of the Sense apps over the X's/Google's/alternatives such as the dialer, SMS, email and the customized Sense browser is far far superior to Chrome in every way. It also has the IR port and TV app plus radio. The X has active notifications which I love, the always listening search, better battery life, stock for all that entails good and bad as well as some useful stuff like Assist. The main reason I got the X over the One is because of its size as well as the fact that the One CANNOT be repaired in any way, once its battery dies it becomes an expensive paperweight which I think HTC should be flogged for personally. I did love my One though.
Do you find yourself actually using the Moto features?

Son et Lumiere
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I use active notifications all the time, it's great. I didn't think I would use the always listening but I have quite a bit, it's actually useful especially for doing things like sending SMS messages hands free or setting alarms.

Wond3r
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 177
I'm wondering being a dual core, vs the quad of the HTC, if it will be future proof as apps and games will require more power/computing?

Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wond3r View Post
I'm wondering being a dual core, vs the quad of the HTC, if it will be future proof as apps and games will require more power/computing?

you're fighting an invalid argument. the X has a quad core gpu and a dual core cpu. plus it has dedicated CPUs for other things like listening service and radio. most phones don't have those additional CPUs and rely solely on the dual/quad core to do all of the work.

there is nothing "yesterday" about the X8's SoC design. its the best in its class.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 640k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

_MetalHead_
Old
(Last edited by _MetalHead_; 17th December 2013 at 05:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1987
I had the One and now I have the X. There is no contest, the X is the superior device in every regard. The One has a nice albeit cumbersome body, but aside from that it is just another Android phone. The X on the other hand just oozes innovation. From the X8 chip to the in hand feel to the X specific features- everything has a purpose and nothing is arbitrary. It has superior performance and battery life. Games play better. It's faster in normal use, day to day things. In other words there is no way in hell I would make that trade.

And just a little booster here- I also have the Nexus 5 which is ridiculously fast and just destroys the One all across the board- I prefer the X to the N5.

Sent from my Moto X
\m/(-_-)\m/
The Following User Says Thank You to _MetalHead_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sankyou
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_ View Post
I had the One and now I have the X. There is no contest, the X is the superior device in every regard. The One has a nice albeit cumbersome body, but aside from that it is just another Android phone. The X on the other hand just oozes innovation. From the X8 chip to the in hand feel to the X specific features- everything has a purpose and nothing is arbitrary. It has superior performance and battery life. Games play better. It's faster in normal use, day to day things. In other words there is no way in hell I would make that trade.

And just a little booster here- I also have the Nexus 5 which is ridiculously fast and just destroys the One all across the board- I prefer the X to the N5.

Sent from my Moto X
I have also owned the three phones you mentioned and prefer the X. The Nexus 5 was quite nice but I like the form factor and battery life of the X more. Short of that, you touched on many things that I agree with completely.