Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,180 Members 47,555 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TWRP 2.7.0?

Tip us?
 
The Tallest
Old
(Last edited by The Tallest; 12th April 2014 at 11:45 AM.)
#1  
The Tallest's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 137
Join Date: Jul 2013
Default TWRP 2.7.0?

I've got a Moto X Developer Edition with an unlocked boot loader and running TWRP 2.6.3. I see there is now a 2.7.0 and I'm curious, does the latest version of TWRP work on the Moto X? I don't want to flash the update if it's not going to work. Thanks.

Edit: I see there is a 2.7.0.4 actually.
 
bigv5150
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 184
Posts: 648
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tallest View Post
I've got a Moto X Developer Edition with an unlocked boot loader and running TWRP 2.6.3. I see there is now a 2.7.0 and I'm curious, does the latest version of TWRP work on the Moto X? I don't want to flash the update if it's not going to work. Thanks.

Edit: I see there is a 2.7.0.4 actually.
2.7 works fine I tried 2.7.0.4 and it didn't work.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigv5150 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
The Tallest
Old
#3  
The Tallest's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 137
Join Date: Jul 2013
Thanks. That's all I needed to know.
 
The Tallest
Old
(Last edited by The Tallest; 12th April 2014 at 04:32 PM.)
#4  
The Tallest's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 137
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigv5150 View Post
2.7 works fine I tried 2.7.0.4 and it didn't work.
One more question, do you happen to have a copy of it? It doesn't seem to be on GooManager.

Never mind. Found it in the TWRP Moto thread here. Thanks for the help.
 
yankeesfan714
Old
#5  
yankeesfan714's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 65
Posts: 404
Join Date: Jan 2013
Hey guys. I have a moto x Dev edition on the way. I've been doing a little reading. So To install recovery all I have to do is get the bootloader unlocked and run the command to install recovery? Is it really that easy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
dmiramon
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 16
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default Flashify

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan714 View Post
Hey guys. I have a moto x Dev edition on the way. I've been doing a little reading. So To install recovery all I have to do is get the bootloader unlocked and run the command to install recovery? Is it really that easy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I used flashilfy from the play store. It worked perfectly as long as you are unlocked. Hit thanks if I helped.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...llner.flashify
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmiramon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
yankeesfan714
Old
#7  
yankeesfan714's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 65
Posts: 404
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiramon View Post
I used flashilfy from the play store. It worked perfectly as long as you are unlocked. Hit thanks if I helped.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...llner.flashify
What did you use flashify for? To install the twrp recovery?


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
dmiramon
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 16
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan714 View Post
What did you use flashify for? To install the twrp recovery?


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yes I used flashify to install TWRP recovery 2.7. Just download correct recovery for your phone and use flashify to flash the recovery. If have used it twice for the moto x and it works perfectly.
The Following User Says Thank You to dmiramon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
The Tallest
Old
#9  
The Tallest's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 137
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiramon View Post
Yes I used flashify to install TWRP recovery 2.7. Just download correct recovery for your phone and use flashify to flash the recovery. If have used it twice for the moto x and it works perfectly.
I've never used Flashify before today. So much easier than hooking up to the PC going into fastboot to update TWRP. Took all of five seconds. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Tallest For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
stalag
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 17
Join Date: Sep 2010
http androidhosting.org/Devs/Dhacker29/MotoX/ you can download twrp 2.7.0.0 for moto x. Installing it is easy, all you need are the motorola phone drivers, the android sdk and motorola fastboot. You need to unlock your boot loader of course first. You can probably flash from an app after unlocking the bootloader, but you will need to be rooted for it to work. If you never used fastboot before there are lots of tutorials, but just use the motorola one.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes