Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 54,282 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TWRP .img from phone?

Tip us?
 
pintasmapila
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 108
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default TWRP .img from phone?

I've recently dumped my desktop. I'm using my company's laptop despite of being very restricted.
So... because of this, i can't use adb or moto x toolkit to install TWRP. I had it installed on my phone but somehow i've messed it up. I've an unlocked bootloader, and my phone is rooted. Now i have only the .img file and no way to install it. I've tested some apps from the store, but none of them work.
Any way to install TWRP .img file from the phone itself?
 
samwathegreat
Old
#2  
samwathegreat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 556
Posts: 994
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pintasmapila View Post
I've recently dumped my desktop. I'm using my company's laptop despite of being very restricted.
So... because of this, i can't use adb or moto x toolkit to install TWRP. I had it installed on my phone but somehow i've messed it up. I've an unlocked bootloader, and my phone is rooted. Now i have only the .img file and no way to install it. I've tested some apps from the store, but none of them work.
Any way to install TWRP .img file from the phone itself?
Since you say you are already rooted, try FLASHIFY from the market. It should flash TWRP Recovery for you (assuming you are indeed rooted already).

Good Luck.
 
KidJoe
Old
#3  
KidJoe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 655
Posts: 1,751
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Thorndale/Romansville, PA
if you can install the moto device drivers on the PC, you can then try to download and unzip this -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/X-STUFF/ADB-MFASTBOOT.zip and try mfastboot from there.
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

Sign up for Dropbox -> HERE
The Following User Says Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
pintasmapila
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 108
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
Since you say you are already rooted, try FLASHIFY from the market. It should flash TWRP Recovery for you (assuming you are indeed rooted already).

Good Luck.
Thanks for your help. Tried it but it doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJoe View Post
if you can install the moto device drivers on the PC, you can then try to download and unzip this -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/X-STUFF/ADB-MFASTBOOT.zip and try mfastboot from there.
I can't install drivers on a restricted pc. That's my main problem.
 
samwathegreat
Old
#5  
samwathegreat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 556
Posts: 994
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pintasmapila View Post
Thanks for your help. Tried it but it doesn't work.


I can't install drivers on a restricted pc. That's my main problem.
Bummer.

No one has made a flashable zip for TWRP for Moto X yet....mostly because fastboot is so much easier. In the past (on other devices), you could often flash the recovery zip file from the bootloader - this would make fastboot unnecessary.

Since we don't have a flashable zip (only the .img), I can only suggest that you use a different computer that isn't restricted. Sorry, but it seems that will be your only option.

And lastly, when you DO find a computer that you're able to use, be sure to flash the recovery with 'mfastboot' and not the standard 'fastboot'.
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
pintasmapila
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 108
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
Bummer.

No one has made a flashable zip for TWRP for Moto X yet....mostly because fastboot is so much easier. In the past (on other devices), you could often flash the recovery zip file from the bootloader - this would make fastboot unnecessary.

Since we don't have a flashable zip (only the .img), I can only suggest that you use a different computer that isn't restricted. Sorry, but it seems that will be your only option.

And lastly, when you DO find a computer that you're able to use, be sure to flash the recovery with 'mfastboot' and not the standard 'fastboot'.
Yeah, i guess you're right.
Thanks man
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...