Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,883 Members 41,170 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] TWRP restore failed?

Tip us?

tomh12player
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] TWRP restore failed?

I recently made a nandroid backup and unlocked my bootloader. Now I have my bootloader unlocked, I want to restore my data. When I goto restore in twrp recovery, and press restore, it reaches up to restoring data then says backup: failed. One thing that might effect this is when I moved the backup folder from my phone to my computer, I only dragged the folder with the files in it (the one named after the date). Is something I should be doing before restoring?

dedei
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Same thing happened to me, couldn't make it work. Had to start from scratch D:

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,290
Pretty sure you need all the backup files. As well as the same twrp version, which also has to be the right twrp for your android version.

But...how did you have twrp on a locked bootloader? Sorry....my phone was locked for about an hour. I'm not too familiar with locked bootloader stuff.

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

The easier way would have been a titanium backup that was moved to your computer....then moved back and restored after unlocking. For anyone else doing this.

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

Travisdroidx2
Old
Thanks Meter 816
You had to already have your bootloader unlocked to have twrp installed to make a back up in the first place. When you moved it from your phone to your PC did you copy it over or move it over to your pc? Have you checked on you device if the back ups are still there in your twrp folder? sdcard/twrp