Ask a question

No registration required

Some type of car mode or launcher

OP rmead01

3rd July 2014, 10:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 247

1,061 posts
I'm now using Bluetooth in my car and would like to have my phone be a bit easier to use when driving and docked. Ideally I'd like to have my phone go into this car mode when connected to the Bluetooth which I can do with tasked. So I need some sort of interface that will allow me quick access to Spotify, maps, phone, SMS ideally.

Does anyone have any recommendations on. Nice way to handle this? Also if it could go auto orientate to landscape that would be awesome since its docked in landscape mode

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Free mobile app
4th July 2014, 12:53 AM   |  #2  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 9

11 posts
More
I actually spent a few days last week trying to solve the same issue. I'm a delivery driver, so I'm always using my phone in the car. I was very disappointed with the few car mode apps that there are, so I made something myself, and it's been working flawlessly

After trying a few things, I figured that short of building an app, lightning launcher was my best option. In LLX, desktops don't mean like scrollable pages in most launchers, they're separate entities like multiple desktops on OSX or GNOME. So I created a wonderful looking portrait desktop for normal use with LLX and Zooper, and another landscape one for car mode that matched my theme, and would become my default desktop when my car is connected. I have phone, mms, voice search, Waze, and a big clock on the main view, and I can scroll left to view a full screen Zooper widget with media controls and album art, or I can scroll right and view direct dial shortcuts for work.

So when I start the car, BT connects and tasker automatically switches LLX to car desktop, disables display timeout, turns media volume up, and brightness up. As soon as I shut the car off, BT disconnects and it switches back to the portrait desktop and old settings are restored. I don't have to press anything, and I don't have to run an extra app and worry about car mode. I'm not experienced with any of those apps and it looks and works perfectly. Took a few hours of playing around to get it just how I wanted it, but I couldn't be happier. If you have any questions or want details, just ask!

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Free mobile app
4th July 2014, 07:10 AM   |  #3  
Flag Tolland, CT
Thanks Meter: 72

318 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmead01

I'm now using Bluetooth in my car and would like to have my phone be a bit easier to use when driving and docked. Ideally I'd like to have my phone go into this car mode when connected to the Bluetooth which I can do with tasked. So I need some sort of interface that will allow me quick access to Spotify, maps, phone, SMS ideally.

Does anyone have any recommendations on. Nice way to handle this? Also if it could go auto orientate to landscape that would be awesome since its docked in landscape mode

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Free mobile app

I've been using Car Home Ultra and love it. It's easy to customize, has day and night settings, and can match any color car dash lights. Very easy to use while driving.

Sent From Here
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread