FORUMS

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

unable to mount system in TWRP

12th February 2014, 07:51 AM |#11  
OP Member
Flag DC
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashallthetime

Only for 4.4

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X

More patience then I guess...

25th February 2015, 11:20 PM |#12  
Flag Acworth, GA
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashallthetime

I think patience when the ROM installs is needed, had the same issue with slimkat , took forever to flash, so if you can re flash it.

I think the problem is also due to many developers having horribly short instructions for flashing the rom initially from a different rom. For example, I want to use AICP 5.0.2. I had to do tons of research to find out what the process was for flashing the freakin' rom was, and ended up with bugs like crazy anyways (1-minute lag every time when exiting any app to any launcher homescreen, OTA not doing anything when I hit "Update"). No one seems to know proper cache/dalvik order, and everyone says something different. The dev team of AICP didn't even include details like when to install Gapps.

If some person would eventually post general rules when wiping things with the Moto X or Android in general, instead of simple step by step instructions which seem to be rom-specific, it would be a godsend, because the whole thing makes no sense to me even though I do tech support for a living.

I can't tell you how many times I've borked my rom with a fresh install and had to do a complete factory reset, and revert back to outdated Krypton 1.4 because of not being able to find the right install process for a rom I want to use. This is ridiculous.

I am posting here because I just had this system mount issue, and formatting it isn't fixing the problem (Because it can't format due to mount error).

Not trying to sound mad here... just frustrated at the lack of instructions. I'm again sad that I may have to deal with wasting another $10 on themes that only work on CM, because I can't use CM without having to deal with crap around every corner. lol.
Last edited by Drakonas; 25th February 2015 at 11:26 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread