FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

[Q] Flashing other carrier firmware after unlock

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By SilentMFV, Junior Member on 1st April 2014, 09:22 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I am currently using a VZW non dev edition, WITH a unlocked bootloader. I use t-mobile for my service now. As with any other VZW moto x on t-mobile, I cannot use the LTE portion of the network without losing the ability to make phone calls and send text messages. I gather from countless days of digging that its related to LTE -> CDMA handoff. I see more than a few times that its possibly a motorola issue. My question is as follows:

Can I, and more importantly, can I SAFELY RSD the t-mobile SBF files into this phone?

Has anyone tried this and did it fix the problem?

If it wont take am I looking at a brick right off that bat or can I RSD the VZW sbf's back into the phone?

I saw recently a post about flashing Dev Edition firmware into a AT&T moto x.

I am competent with all the tools and the process itself, I would rather hear from more learned peoples before I start experimenting with something that will brick my phone....

Thanks for taking the time to read, any input at all is greatly appreciated!
 
 
2nd April 2014, 05:05 AM |#2  
drago10029's Avatar
Senior Member
Phazon Mines
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentMFV

I am currently using a VZW non dev edition, WITH a unlocked bootloader. I use t-mobile for my service now. As with any other VZW moto x on t-mobile, I cannot use the LTE portion of the network without losing the ability to make phone calls and send text messages. I gather from countless days of digging that its related to LTE -> CDMA handoff. I see more than a few times that its possibly a motorola issue. My question is as follows:

Can I, and more importantly, can I SAFELY RSD the t-mobile SBF files into this phone?

Has anyone tried this and did it fix the problem?

If it wont take am I looking at a brick right off that bat or can I RSD the VZW sbf's back into the phone?

I saw recently a post about flashing Dev Edition firmware into a AT&T moto x.

I am competent with all the tools and the process itself, I would rather hear from more learned peoples before I start experimenting with something that will brick my phone....

Thanks for taking the time to read, any input at all is greatly appreciated!

Hey,

While I don't have ton of experience with the above mentioned situation. If you're gonna try I would say being wiping the cache and falshing the system only to see if it sticks.

I've read around that flashing other carriers software can hard brick. I've seen specific mention of incompatible modems and of course bootloaders (please stay away from flashing other carriers bootloaders)

Also you gotta check the stickies! Great info and better help sometimes, You may want to refer your question Resource Guide Way better answers there.

Maybe that will get you an answer.
The Following User Says Thank You to drago10029 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2014, 06:07 AM |#3  
asatnik11's Avatar
Senior Member
Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentMFV

I am currently using a VZW non dev edition, WITH a unlocked bootloader. I use t-mobile for my service now. As with any other VZW moto x on t-mobile, I cannot use the LTE portion of the network without losing the ability to make phone calls and send text messages. I gather from countless days of digging that its related to LTE -> CDMA handoff. I see more than a few times that its possibly a motorola issue. My question is as follows:

Can I, and more importantly, can I SAFELY RSD the t-mobile SBF files into this phone?

Has anyone tried this and did it fix the problem?

If it wont take am I looking at a brick right off that bat or can I RSD the VZW sbf's back into the phone?

I saw recently a post about flashing Dev Edition firmware into a AT&T moto x.

I am competent with all the tools and the process itself, I would rather hear from more learned peoples before I start experimenting with something that will brick my phone....

Thanks for taking the time to read, any input at all is greatly appreciated!

You can RSD the tmo factory SBF without issue. When I did it I just edited the XML to avoid flashing the bootloader. My vzw dev ed moto x now works perfectly on tmo. Of course, do so at your own risk.

Edit: also see my post here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51569359

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to asatnik11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2014, 08:52 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asatnik11

You can RSD the tmo factory SBF without issue. When I did it I just edited the XML to avoid flashing the bootloader. My vzw dev ed moto x now works perfectly on tmo. Of course, do so at your own risk.

Edit: also see my post here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51569359

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk


You, Sir, are THE MAN! Your post is exactly what I was looking for, is there any way I can get you to post your edited XML, or what line you removed, I am so excited to finally solve this problem! Thanks again!

Edit: CONFIRMED WORKING ON NON DEV EDITION VZW MOTO X.....I removed the getvar line and the motoboot line (bootloader) from the .xml ZERO errors during rsd flash, and phone now WORKS!!!! I cannot thank you enough my friend, if you are ever in texas the beer is on me! Let this be a ref. for anyone looking to take the VZW MOTO X to T-Mobile.
Last edited by SilentMFV; 2nd April 2014 at 10:57 PM. Reason: update
2nd April 2014, 11:07 PM |#5  
asatnik11's Avatar
Senior Member
Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentMFV

You, Sir, are THE MAN! Your post is exactly what I was looking for, is there any way I can get you to post your edited XML, or what line you removed, I am so excited to finally solve this problem! Thanks again!

Edit: CONFIRMED WORKING ON NON DEV EDITION VZW MOTO X.....I removed the getvar line and the motoboot line (bootloader) from the .xml ZERO errors during rsd flash, and phone now WORKS!!!! I cannot thank you enough my friend, if you are ever in texas the beer is on me! Let this be a ref. for anyone looking to take the VZW MOTO X to T-Mobile.

Glad it worked for you too! I was just about to reply with the actual lines to delete, but it looks like you got the 2 that I deleted. For all I know, the bootloaders are the same, but I didn't want to find out the hard way by risking a brick. It blows my mind that we can use a Verizon phone on T-Mobile, and be fully functional except for 3G on the AWS band. I originally bought the Verizon Moto X with the intention of switching to Verizon, but then got cold feet after testing with a Verizon SIM from work.
The Following User Says Thank You to asatnik11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes