[Q] this sim card is from an unknown source Moto X CDMA Verizon

OP sumitchaturvedi

21st December 2013, 08:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Hi,
I recently bought a no-contract MOTO X CDMA Verizon. I am trying to use it with my Vodafone India SIM, but as soon as I insert this SIM and start the phone I get the following error
"this sim card is from an unknown source"
I contacted Motorola and Verizon and both of them said that this is an unlocked phone and it should work globally. When I start the phone get the above error but I still see Vodafone network and HSPA+ sign. When I try to make a call I get "mobile network not available" error.

Please help I really like this phone and would like to use it here too.

Regards
Sumit
21st December 2013, 09:31 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 40

200 posts
Have you tried some other sim?
21st December 2013, 10:13 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 117

192 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitchaturvedi

Hi,
I recently bought a no-contract MOTO X CDMA Verizon. I am trying to use it with my Vodafone India SIM, but as soon as I insert this SIM and start the phone I get the following error
I contacted Motorola and Verizon and both of them said that this is an unlocked phone and it should work globally. When I start the phone get the above error but I still see Vodafone network and HSPA+ sign. When I try to make a call I get "mobile network not available" error.

Regards
Sumit

Try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2394689 ???
21st December 2013, 11:09 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeshlikhith

Have you tried some other sim?

Nope not tried anyother SIM. Though this SIM works fine with other phone
21st December 2013, 11:16 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundabolu SC

Try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2394689 ???

Hey thanks, tried using this patch, but this patch does not install may be because Moto X does not have external memory.
Followed each step properly accept that had to put the .zip file in the internal memory
21st December 2013, 01:42 PM   |  #6  
Flag Nassau
Thanks Meter: 27

120 posts
More
Quote:

Hey thanks, tried using this patch, but this patch does not install may be because Moto X does not have external memory.
Followed each step properly accept that had to put the .zip file in the internal memory

I think the "There is no external memory" happens when you clear the cache. Happened to me last night, Just resetted my phone and it was good to go.
21st December 2013, 04:57 PM   |  #7  

200 posts
Quote:

what exactly was the error? Did you use the stock recovery by any chance?
21st December 2013, 06:35 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeshlikhith

what exactly was the error? Did you use the stock recovery by any chance?

I got the error "No command". Also when i went to the Fast boot screen. It said device status "Locked". This is despite the fact that I bought a no contract verizon Moto X from Moto Maker. Now I am trying to use Indian Vodafone SIM and i can only access data packets but cannot make any voice calls. It does register to the Network in the Global mode but when I try to make a call it gives the following error "Mobile network not available".
Not sure how to resolve this. When I start the phone i get the unkown SIM error.

Please help

Thanks
21st December 2013, 10:07 PM   |  #9  

200 posts
Quote:

I got the error "No command". Also when i went to the Fast boot screen. It said device status "Locked". This is despite the fact that I bought a no contract verizon Moto X from Moto Maker. Now I am trying to use Indian Vodafone SIM and i can only access data packets but cannot make any voice calls. It does register to the Network in the Global mode but when I try to make a call it gives the following error "Mobile network not available".
Not sure how to resolve this. When I start the phone i get the unkown SIM error.

Please help

Thanks

Have you unlocked the bootloader? you have to install a custom recovery like CWM for that AFAIK
The Following User Says Thank You to eeshlikhith For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd December 2013, 04:08 AM   |  #10  
Flag Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Thanks Meter: 839

2,066 posts
More
Quote:

Hi,

Regards
Sumit

I get "this sim card is from an unknown source" after the KitKat update on my VZW Moto X, and my VZW Samsung Galaxy S4 after its 4.3 update when I insert my T-Mobile USA sim.

Switching the phones to "global" mode and manually setting the APN settings (for T-Mobile) makes the phones work on T-Mobile. But I can't clear that message from the phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread