Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,408 Members 52,762 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unlock Phone

Tip us?
 
alrojas
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 48
Join Date: Apr 2013
Default [Q] Unlock Phone

Hi,
Is it possible unlock my phone to work with any carrier if I have my bootloader unlocked already?

Thanks!

LITTLE TOUCHES MAKE GREAT TRAITS
If I have helped you in any way please Feel Free To Hit the THANKS Button

 
samwathegreat
Old
#2  
samwathegreat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,582
Posts: 1,881
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrojas View Post
Hi,
Is it possible unlock my phone to work with any carrier if I have my bootloader unlocked already?

Thanks!
No. Which variant do you have? If it is a Sprint device, my sim-crack can unlock it. Any other device, you should be able to purchase a sim-unlock code for somewhere between $10 and $30 from an online sim-unlock code seller.
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.


I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE



Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT
 
alrojas
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 48
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
No. Which variant do you have? If it is a Sprint device, my sim-crack can unlock it. Any other device, you should be able to purchase a sim-unlock code for somewhere between $10 and $30 from an online sim-unlock code seller.
This is my problem. I requested to motorola an unlock code to unlock my Moto X and work with any carrier. Three days later they send me my code to release it. But when I put my code on my phone... doesn't work. :/. I entered the code many time but the result was the same. At that point my bootloader was locked. So I proceeded to unlock my bootloader. The process was successful. Then I tried to unlock my phone again but still doesn't work .

Today I talk with Motorola... and they said that the problem is because my bootloader is unlocked. I don't think so, because I tried to unlock it before and after unlock my bootloader.

Anyway... Motorola can't help me anymore because I lose warranty for unlock my bootloader.

So my question is : Can I unlock my phone if my bootloader is unlocked?.

Thanks!

LITTLE TOUCHES MAKE GREAT TRAITS
If I have helped you in any way please Feel Free To Hit the THANKS Button

 
samwathegreat
Old
#4  
samwathegreat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,582
Posts: 1,881
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrojas View Post
This is my problem. I requested to motorola an unlock code to unlock my Moto X and work with any carrier. Three days later they send me my code to release it. But when I put my code on my phone... doesn't work. :/. I entered the code many time but the result was the same. At that point my bootloader was locked. So I proceeded to unlock my bootloader. The process was successful. Then I tried to unlock my phone again but still doesn't work .

Today I talk with Motorola... and they said that the problem is because my bootloader is unlocked. I don't think so, because I tried to unlock it before and after unlock my bootloader.

Anyway... Motorola can't help me anymore because I lose warranty for unlock my bootloader.

So my question is : Can I unlock my phone if my bootloader is unlocked?.

Thanks!
Yes, but Motorola has nothing to do with it.

Unlocking the BL doesn't make you unable to Sim unlock.

You just need to do it the right way. Motorola has NEVER given out Sim unlock codes.

I asked you which variant you had and you never answered.

Be careful not to make too many incorrect unlock attempts or you will be permanently Sim locked. Once this happens there is nothing you can do.

Again, the bootloader has nothing to do with Sim lock, and neither does Motorola. Only the carriers can Sim unlock you... And the online code sellers.

The carriers would throw a fit if moto gave out Sim unlock codes. Moto has no right to do that, and never have.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Since you claim that moto sent you a Sim unlock code (which is impossible) your problem is that you entered an incorrect code too many times.

You really should have known better. If it doesn't work once, it's wrong. Just silly to keep trying the same code...

Anyways, if you tried too many times you are permanently locked and there is nothing you or anyone can do about it.

Let it be a lesson. Never never never keep entering the wrong code. After a threshold number of attempts, a q fuse is blown permanently Sim locking it to the carrier.
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.


I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE



Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT
 
alrojas
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 48
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
Yes, but Motorola has nothing to do with it.

Unlocking the BL doesn't make you unable to Sim unlock.

You just need to do it the right way. Motorola has NEVER given out Sim unlock codes.

I asked you which variant you had and you never answered.

Be careful not to make too many incorrect unlock attempts or you will be permanently Sim locked. Once this happens there is nothing you can do.

Again, the bootloader has nothing to do with Sim lock, and neither does Motorola. Only the carriers can Sim unlock you... And the online code sellers.

The carriers would throw a fit if moto gave out Sim unlock codes. Moto has no right to do that, and never have.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Since you claim that moto sent you a Sim unlock code (which is impossible) your problem is that you entered an incorrect code too many times.

You really should have known better. If it doesn't work once, it's wrong. Just silly to keep trying the same code...

Anyways, if you tried too many times you are permanently locked and there is nothing you or anyone can do about it.

Let it be a lesson. Never never never keep entering the wrong code. After a threshold number of attempts, a q fuse is blown permanently Sim locking it to the carrier.
. How I know if my phone is pemanetly locked because I try a lot... a lot . I've attached my About Phone Screen.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-03-11-49-34.png
Views:	30
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	2923288  

LITTLE TOUCHES MAKE GREAT TRAITS
If I have helped you in any way please Feel Free To Hit the THANKS Button

 
samwathegreat
Old
#6  
samwathegreat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,582
Posts: 1,881
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrojas View Post
. How I know if my phone is pemanetly locked because I try a lot... a lot . I've attached my About Phone Screen.

Thanks!
Settings > system update > uicc unlock
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.


I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE



Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


MediaTek Releases Full Kernel Source for First Android One Devices

Those who might have thought that MediaTek wouldnever release working … more

Submitting a Patch to Gerrit – Featuring XplodWild – XDA Developer TV

Not every developer specializes in every area of … more

Learn How to Make a Live Wallpaper all by Yourself

Stillimages can bebeautiful, but some of you prefer to see animations on your screens. … more

Google Play Services Updated to Version 6.1

In addition to Android operating system proper, Google is focusing hard on giving the developers … more