Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,210 Members 49,205 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unlocked Bootloader Flashed TWRP But It is Not Booting Into Recovery

Tip us?

Cozume
Old
(Last edited by Cozume; 10th February 2014 at 01:18 AM.)
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Default Unlocked Bootloader Flashed TWRP But It is Not Booting Into Recovery

Hi!

I have a Verizon Dev Ed running 4.4 with an unlocked bootloader. I want to root using TWRP 2.6.3.1 and SuperSU. I can flash TWRP using mfastboot and then reboot into the bootloader, but when I try to reboot into recovery, it just does a normal boot. I followed the instructions here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2534850

and used twrp-2.6.3.1-ghost-4.4.img.

I have a Windows 7 PC. I tried to use adb to boot into recovery but adb doesn't seem to recognize my device when it is in bootloader mode. I suspect it is a driver problem, but I downloaded the most recent drivers from Motorola and that doesn't seem to help.

I have seen other people with this problem, too but none of the solutions that worked for others worked for me.

Help!!!! I need root!

Thanks!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Cozume For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DuvelDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozume View Post
Hi!

I have a Verizon Dev Ed running 4.4 with an unlocked bootloader. I want to root using TWRP 2.6.3.1 and SuperSU. I can flash TWRP using mfastboot and then reboot into the bootloader, but when I try to reboot into recovery, it just does a normal boot. I followed the instructions here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2534850

and used twrp-2.6.3.1-ghost-4.4.img.

I have a Windows 7 PC. I tried to use adb to boot into recovery but adb doesn't seem to recognize my device when it is in bootloader mode. I suspect it is a driver problem, but I downloaded the most recent drivers from Motorola and that doesn't seem to help.

I have seen other people with this problem, too but none of the solutions that worked for others worked for me.

Help!!!! I need root!

Thanks!!!!

If you press the power button after flashing TWRP, it will do a normal reboot and TWRP will not be installed. Try installing TWRP again and go to select recovery by pressing the "Volume Down" button to highlight "Recovery" and then press the "Volume Up" button to select recovery.

I also followed this youtube video that helped me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw675ipX-ds
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DuvelDroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cozume
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuvelDroid View Post
If you press the power button after flashing TWRP, it will do a normal reboot and TWRP will not be installed. Try installing TWRP again and go to select recovery by pressing the "Volume Down" button to highlight "Recovery" and then press the "Volume Up" button to select recovery.
Thank you! I was hitting volume down and then power to try to reboot into recovery!