[Q] Will "Unlocked GSM" Moto X from US work in India?

OP tripranav

2nd May 2014, 08:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

69 posts
Hello everyone,

As you all know there was a sale just for one day on Moto X over in US (May 1st), I ordered the 32gb version for myself. As I am in India and will be using this phone here, on the choose a carrier page I selected: GSM Unlocked (includes T-Mobile Sim) option.

My question is: Will this phone support Indian Sim cards? Also does this phone support LTE? And which version (AT&T or T-Mobile) will I get as below GSM Unlocked, it`s written AT&T and T-Mobile 4G LTE with Global HSPA?

Which one is better in terms of future software updates?

2nd May 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag Staten Island
Thanks Meter: 30

211 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripranav

Hello everyone,

As you all know there was a sale just for one day on Moto X over in US (May 1st), I ordered the 32gb version for myself. As I am in India and will be using this phone here, on the choose a carrier page I selected: GSM Unlocked (includes T-Mobile Sim) option.

My question is: Will this phone support Indian Sim cards? Also does this phone support LTE? And which version (AT&T or T-Mobile) will I get as below GSM Unlocked, it`s written AT&T and T-Mobile 4G LTE with Global HSPA?

Which one is better in terms of future software updates?

I don't see why not. Buy away!
2nd May 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

69 posts
I am confused because even though I selected GSM Unlocked version it mentiones that it includes the T-Mobile Sim. So, I am wondering will it only work with the T-Mobile SIM??
Last edited by tripranav; 2nd May 2014 at 04:42 PM.
2nd May 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #4  
Flag Staten Island

211 posts
More
I'm sure it had something to do with T-Mobile's overseas network. Just pop in your SIM and disregard the one it comes with.
The Following User Says Thank You to kcipopnevets For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

69 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcipopnevets

I'm sure it had something to do with T-Mobile's overseas network. Just pop in your SIM and disregard the one it comes with.

Thanks, I am yet to receive the phone here in India as I just purchased it yesterday from the Moto US Store. It might take 10-12 days for it to get delivered here at my door step.
2nd May 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #6  
Flag Staten Island

211 posts
More
Great! I how you enjoy the phone, you won't regret your purchase!
The Following User Says Thank You to kcipopnevets For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th May 2014, 01:50 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
Did it work
Did u receive the moto x ...did it work in india
19th May 2014, 12:50 PM   |  #8  
Flag Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Thanks Meter: 845

2,080 posts
More
The GSM Unlocked (ships with T-Mobile SIM) is the same as the GSM Developer Edition, and "T-Mobile" edition.

Per Moto's web site it supports...

GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
3G UMTS bands: 850/900/ AWS/1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps (B5/B8/B4/B2/B1)
4G LTE bands: 700/AWS/1900MHz (B17/B4/B2)

There is a chance you may need to adjust APN settings. And there are a few threads about making USA Moto X work in India that you may want to look for because I don't know the specifics.
The Following User Says Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2014, 09:50 AM   |  #9  
OP Member

69 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iajay

Did u receive the moto x ...did it work in india

A very bad thing happened; Motorola USA cancelled my order and didn`t even tell me the reason for that. After that I had no choice but to buy the phone locally from Flipkart.

Anyways, I got the 16GB variant.
20th May 2014, 11:29 AM   |  #10  
Flag Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Thanks Meter: 845

2,080 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripranav

A very bad thing happened; Motorola USA cancelled my order and didn`t even tell me the reason for that. After that I had no choice but to buy the phone locally from Flipkart.

Anyways, I got the 16GB variant.

Moto USA doesn't support orders outside of the USA. If you ordered with a non-USA shipping address, or "bill to" address, that is why they canceled it.

The Following User Says Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread