Post Reply

Active notifications update

OP _MetalHead_

27th February 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #1  
_MetalHead_'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 2,225
 
5,396 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
For some reason when I check the play store for the active notifications update I get a device not compatible message. Would someone be so kind as to download it and post the updated apk? Thanks so much.

Sent from my Moto X
28th February 2014, 12:05 AM   |  #2  
cartmenicus's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag British columbia
Thanks Meter: 1,970
 
2,910 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_

For some reason when I check the play store for the active notifications update I get a device not compatible message. Would someone be so kind as to download it and post the updated apk? Thanks so much.

Sent from my Moto X

Let me know if this works don't know of this was the right apk to grab or not https://www.dropbox.com/s/nf22a5sz6v...rola.aon-1.apk

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to cartmenicus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2014, 03:15 AM   |  #3  
_MetalHead_'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 2,225
 
5,396 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsqwizzys98

Let me know if this works don't know of this was the right apk to grab or not https://www.dropbox.com/s/nf22a5sz6v...rola.aon-1.apk

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting it, but I don't think it's going to work for me. Pretty sure it's only for kitkat and I'm still on JB. Kind of a bummer, the new update allows you to disable vibration and I've been wanting that option since day one, but not at the expense of having to ditch JB. Oh well. Thanks again.
The Following User Says Thank You to _MetalHead_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2014, 03:38 AM   |  #4  
cartmenicus's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag British columbia
Thanks Meter: 1,970
 
2,910 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_

Thanks for posting it, but I don't think it's going to work for me. Pretty sure it's only for kitkat and I'm still on JB. Kind of a bummer, the new update allows you to disable vibration and I've been wanting that option since day one, but not at the expense of having to ditch JB. Oh well. Thanks again.

Awhh damn i finnaly unlocked so i have root on kk and its much better than jB i also have been wanting to get rid of the vibrate and damn its so much better haha
28th February 2014, 03:41 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
194 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsqwizzys98

Awhh damn i finnaly unlocked so i have root on kk and its much better than jB i also have been wanting to get rid of the vibrate and damn its so much better haha

For some reason I actually like how it was before. I hope they add an option to enable vibration just for active display
28th February 2014, 03:43 AM   |  #6  
_MetalHead_'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 2,225
 
5,396 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsqwizzys98

Awhh damn i finnaly unlocked so i have root on kk and its much better than jB i also have been wanting to get rid of the vibrate and damn its so much better haha

I really, REALLY don't like kitkat. JB on my moto x is perfect and there is absolutely nothing that can be improved upon, at least IMO. Kitkat is just visually unappealing to me and doesn't offer any performance upgrades so I'm staying on JB. Just wish this active notifications update worked on JB but alas, I can't have my cake and eat it too.
28th February 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #7  
cartmenicus's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag British columbia
Thanks Meter: 1,970
 
2,910 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_

I really, REALLY don't like kitkat. JB on my moto x is perfect and there is absolutely nothing that can be improved upon, at least IMO. Kitkat is just visually unappealing to me and doesn't offer any performance upgrades so I'm staying on JB. Just wish this active notifications update worked on JB but alas, I can't have my cake and eat it too.

i understand i used to hate the ui to but once you get used to it its much better well if you can unlock your bootloader flash faux kernel and you get soem crazy performance upgrades. yeah its weird that it doesnt.... ill take a look maybe i can decompile and change something
28th February 2014, 03:58 AM   |  #8  
_MetalHead_'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 2,225
 
5,396 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsqwizzys98

i understand i used to hate the ui to but once you get used to it its much better well if you can unlock your bootloader flash faux kernel and you get soem crazy performance upgrades. yeah its weird that it doesnt.... ill take a look maybe i can decompile and change something

Well I have kitkat on my N5 so I'm more than used to it. I'm really angry at Google for ditching the futuristic, Tron-ish look that JB has. Holo blue is gorgeous, especially on the amoled display of the X. Kitkat white is just... meh.

I have the att version so no unlockable BL. I don't care so much because stock + xposed has been wonderful for me. My X is superfast, fluid as hell, and has a battery that just refuses to die. I'm perfectly happy with it the way it is
The Following User Says Thank You to _MetalHead_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2014, 04:04 AM   |  #9  
cartmenicus's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag British columbia
Thanks Meter: 1,970
 
2,910 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_

Well I have kitkat on my N5 so I'm more than used to it. I'm really angry at Google for ditching the futuristic, Tron-ish look that JB has. Holo blue is gorgeous, especially on the amoled display of the X. Kitkat white is just... meh.

I have the att version so no unlockable BL. I don't care so much because stock + xposed has been wonderful for me. My X is superfast, fluid as hell, and has a battery that just refuses to die. I'm perfectly happy with it the way it is

i see haahha well anyways i decompiled active display and couldnt find anything on changing what version it looks for but i can theme it gonna make it red
28th February 2014, 06:19 AM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Langley, BC
Thanks Meter: 181
 
602 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsqwizzys98

i see haahha well anyways i decompiled active display and couldnt find anything on changing what version it looks for but i can theme it gonna make it red

Nice!

Motorola we want color. So many fun features could still be added to Active Notifications. Perhaps it won't happen until the X2 is released.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Moto X Q&A by ThreadRank