Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Unlocked Moto X question

OP justinisloco

6th January 2014, 04:53 AM   |  #11  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 20

128 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinisloco

And would the bootloader come unlocked?

No, you have to get an unlock code from Motorola and it voids your warranty.

Why not just get the GSM Dev Ed and keep your warranty after you unlock it?
6th January 2014, 11:35 AM   |  #12  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 77

453 posts
More
I bought the Dev edition and inside there's this piece of paper that says that after requesting the unlock code, it'll void the warranty, weird

Sent from my LG-D958 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
6th January 2014, 11:58 AM   |  #13  
Flag Iowa
Thanks Meter: 22

80 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zcam

I've been doing research and making a lot of calls to both AT&T and to motorola regarding the GSM unlocked(Tmo) version of the MOTO X on the ATT network. Specifically, I have asked ATT about the 850 Mhz LTE band (which is not supported on the GCM unlocked X) and how, If at all, would my service be affected by the lack of this freq. NO one at ATT seems to know anything. I asked moto(numerous times) before I ordered and was told it's the "same phone" or that it "will work". No one seems to be able to tell me specifically if not having this band will adversely effect my ability to get service as I travel the country(US). The phone arrives wed and I'll post again with the results. After I update the APN settings(if needed) we'll see what happens. The only reason I opted for the GSM unlocked version is to be able to use PDA NET + to tether and use another carrier if I desire. (grandfathered unlimited data).

AFAIK, the 850MHz band is only used for 2G/3G, which is usable by the unlocked X. From my research, I don't see anyone with any plans to use LTE on that frequency.

Short answer: If AT&T or one of their roaming partners has service, you should be fine.

Quote:

Another question:
Will I need to root the phone to use PDA net, or can u I just use native tethering on the GSM unlocked on the ATT network. ?? Thanks in advance.

You would not be able to use native tethering unless you pay for the tethering service to the best of my knowledge.

From what I remember of PDA.net from years ago was that it did not need root to function.

Sent from my XT1053 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraxzzz

I bought the Dev edition and inside there's this piece of paper that says that after requesting the unlock code, it'll void the warranty, weird

That was/is the original stance by Motorola. They got a bit of backlash and reversed the decision for the Dev devices only.

Sent from my XT1053 using xda premium
6th January 2014, 02:32 PM   |  #14  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 20

128 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraxzzz

That was their old policy. Motorola has reversed themselves on that policy.
Last edited by NightThyme; 6th January 2014 at 02:39 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread