FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] Unusual battery spikes in battery stats

31 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By ak.kiran, Member on 1st June 2014, 04:03 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I bought my moto x 3 days back and i see that in the battery stats that the discharge values are inaccurate. I could see the charge value going up and down and instead of a steady drop. I dint charge
my phone straight away till 100%. Please help me.

1st June 2014, 06:05 PM |#2  
Forum Moderator
Flag The Old Republic
Thanks Meter: 8,778

More
Battery level can go up and down a bit due to phone temperature. If it gets cold...it can lower, and rise when it warms up. That's just one answer.

Anyway, its perfectly normal. Unless its huge ups and downs....that's not normal.
3rd June 2014, 12:52 AM |#3  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 358

More
Yes its perfectly normal. It will smooth out a bit over time as the battery gets conditioned.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
12th January 2015, 12:26 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Sorry for bringing this up, but I'm seeing the same behavior sometimes in my Moto X. And I bought it 3 days ago too. I did a topic yesterday. Its like sometimes (not always) it suddenly rises up like 2 o 3% by itself and then it sudden drop that same amount. I can see these little spikes in the battery stats, however, I noticed it 2 or 3 times. Thing is, I'm quite obsessive so I did see how it sudden went from 50 to 53% and then I saw that 3% drop later on.. Its not that I'm always looking at the battery but I have the numbers in my status bar and I use to check them out (and rememer them) every time i pick up the phone lol.

The temperature is really hot down here right now, maybe that's contributing. I hope after more days of use and charges it gets normal.
14th January 2015, 07:28 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Smile itz absolutely fine
I brought this phone about 6 months earlier and i too had the same problem. But it will be fine in few months because i dont get any kind of problem nw days
For instant i could suggest u to try to drain the battery to completely to zero and let it get switch off automatically. Then without switching on charge it to 100% and repeat this 2-3 times, hope it get well soon
14th January 2015, 07:32 AM |#6  
Flag Bloomingdale
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Do you have your phone rooted..?? If it is are you using xposed module??

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)