Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Upgrading to Moto X from AOSP Galaxy S3

OP jamesino

16th May 2014, 09:51 PM   |  #11  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,152

10,382 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesino

Oh what? The Developer Edition is only an extra $50? The code from the China site is $45 already right?

Can I buy the Dev Edition at a Verizon Store or Authorized Reseller? Or must I order it online?

I can't seem to find the option for purchasing a Dev Ed on the Verizon website and the Motorola website only offer the option of purchasing it for 450 (presumably off-contract) and gives no option for purchasing on-contract.

I'm in Canada, have a Rogers xt1058 version, unlocked sim and bootloader.... so not sure how purchasing Dev edition goes. Not an option here.
16th May 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #12  
Flag Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Thanks Meter: 848

2,087 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesino

Oh what? The Developer Edition is only an extra $50? The code from the China site is $45 already right?

Can I buy the Dev Edition at a Verizon Store or Authorized Reseller? Or must I order it online?

I can't seem to find the option for purchasing a Dev Ed on the Verizon website and the Motorola website only offer the option of purchasing it for 450 (presumably off-contract) and gives no option for purchasing on-contract.

You have to get it direct from Moto.

They this link -> http://www.motorola.com/us/consumers...n-verizon.html

And it is only sold at "off contract" or full retail price. Otherwise you'd see more people with it.
Last edited by KidJoe; 16th May 2014 at 11:24 PM.
29th May 2014, 09:28 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 111

456 posts
I'm pretty sure moto still has a 0% finance option if you don't want to shell out all the cash at once. My recommendation is Dev edition. I'm on T-Mobile which allows unlocking and I still got the Dev edition to be on the safe side.

I went from a Verizon GS3 with CM to a Nexus 5 and MotoX Dev edition on T-Mobile. The MotoX is FASTER by a long shot, only to be surpassed by the nexus barely. You won't regret the switch.
Last edited by SymbioticGenius; 29th May 2014 at 09:36 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread