Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,020 Members 41,129 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Upgrading to Moto X from AOSP Galaxy S3

Tip us?

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2762
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesino View Post
Oh what? The Developer Edition is only an extra $50? The code from the China site is $45 already right?

Can I buy the Dev Edition at a Verizon Store or Authorized Reseller? Or must I order it online?

I can't seem to find the option for purchasing a Dev Ed on the Verizon website and the Motorola website only offer the option of purchasing it for 450 (presumably off-contract) and gives no option for purchasing on-contract.
I'm in Canada, have a Rogers xt1058 version, unlocked sim and bootloader.... so not sure how purchasing Dev edition goes. Not an option here.
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 3 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

KidJoe
Old
(Last edited by KidJoe; 16th May 2014 at 11:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesino View Post
Oh what? The Developer Edition is only an extra $50? The code from the China site is $45 already right?

Can I buy the Dev Edition at a Verizon Store or Authorized Reseller? Or must I order it online?

I can't seem to find the option for purchasing a Dev Ed on the Verizon website and the Motorola website only offer the option of purchasing it for 450 (presumably off-contract) and gives no option for purchasing on-contract.
You have to get it direct from Moto.

They this link -> http://www.motorola.com/us/consumers...n-verizon.html

And it is only sold at "off contract" or full retail price. Otherwise you'd see more people with it.
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

SymbioticGenius
Old
(Last edited by SymbioticGenius; 29th May 2014 at 09:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 107
I'm pretty sure moto still has a 0% finance option if you don't want to shell out all the cash at once. My recommendation is Dev edition. I'm on T-Mobile which allows unlocking and I still got the Dev edition to be on the safe side.

I went from a Verizon GS3 with CM to a Nexus 5 and MotoX Dev edition on T-Mobile. The MotoX is FASTER by a long shot, only to be surpassed by the nexus barely. You won't regret the switch.