Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,468 Members 38,065 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] new user questions.

Tip us?

semperlux
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default [Q] new user questions.

I just bought a Moto X this Saturday from Best Buy and have questions.
  1. My phone will not charge from my car's (2013 Toyota Prius) USB port. I don't know anything detailed about the different types of USB ports (e.g., versions, mini USB, yadda yadda...)
  2. Does it have a battery charging indicator light? (amber to green?)
  3. Does the factory reset also wipe out media? (it did on mine--my old Evo gave you a choice))
  4. Can you change the "OK GOOGLE!"?
  5. I can't find where you choose lighting and exposure settings or photo size. Is it automatic?

Thanks all!
Device: HTC Evo 4G LTE 7/15/12
ROM: stock
KERNEL: Stock

semperlux
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Ok... I just found answers to questions 3 and 4. So... I wonder why they made such a simple camera for such an amazing phone. Sorta' missing my HTC EVO now...

hbar98
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperlux View Post
I just bought a Moto X this Saturday from Best Buy and have questions.
  1. My phone will not charge from my car's (2013 Toyota Prius) USB port. I don't know anything detailed about the different types of USB ports (e.g., versions, mini USB, yadda yadda...)
  2. Does it have a battery charging indicator light? (amber to green?)
  3. Does the factory reset also wipe out media? (it did on mine--my old Evo gave you a choice))
  4. Can you change the "OK GOOGLE!"?
  5. I can't find where you choose lighting and exposure settings or photo size. Is it automatic?

Thanks all!
1. Don't quite know. You can try using the USB cable that came with the phone and see if that helps.
2. Yes-ish. There is a green light near the top of the phone that will come on if the battery doesn't have enough juice to power the screen. But with normal use you won't see the charging green light.
5. The moto camera doesn't let you change metering and exposure. Everything with that camera is automatic. If you want more choices, you'll need to look at a 3rd part camera app. I've heard good things about Camera FV-5. The paid version lets you adjust a lot of options.

Hope that helps!

scottjb
Old
Thanks Meter 150
Mine does not charge from the USB port in my Acura either. I use a USB adapter for the cig lighter and that charges it fine.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

semperlux
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjb View Post
Mine does not charge from the USB port in my Acura either. I use a USB adapter for the cig lighter and that charges it fine.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
Ah! Good to know. I was thinking of getting a cig lighter charger but wasn't sure that it would work. So... you saying this confirms that I should just go get one of those and be done.

Groid
Old
Thanks Meter 96
The usb port in my Hyundai is just for media and does not charge the phone. The cigarette lighter adapters work well for charging. Get one with at least 1 amp output.