Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] new user questions.

OP semperlux

17th March 2014, 09:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
San Diego, Ca
Thanks Meter: 8

208 posts
More
I just bought a Moto X this Saturday from Best Buy and have questions.
  1. My phone will not charge from my car's (2013 Toyota Prius) USB port. I don't know anything detailed about the different types of USB ports (e.g., versions, mini USB, yadda yadda...)
  2. Does it have a battery charging indicator light? (amber to green?)
  3. Does the factory reset also wipe out media? (it did on mine--my old Evo gave you a choice))
  4. Can you change the "OK GOOGLE!"?
  5. I can't find where you choose lighting and exposure settings or photo size. Is it automatic?

Thanks all!
17th March 2014, 10:47 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
San Diego, Ca

208 posts
More
Ok... I just found answers to questions 3 and 4. So... I wonder why they made such a simple camera for such an amazing phone. Sorta' missing my HTC EVO now...
17th March 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 15

68 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperlux

I just bought a Moto X this Saturday from Best Buy and have questions.

1. My phone will not charge from my car's (2013 Toyota Prius) USB port. I don't know anything detailed about the different types of USB ports (e.g., versions, mini USB, yadda yadda...)
  2. Does it have a battery charging indicator light? (amber to green?)
  3. Does the factory reset also wipe out media? (it did on mine--my old Evo gave you a choice))
  4. Can you change the "OK GOOGLE!"?
  5. I can't find where you choose lighting and exposure settings or photo size. Is it automatic?

Thanks all!

1. Don't quite know. You can try using the USB cable that came with the phone and see if that helps.
2. Yes-ish. There is a green light near the top of the phone that will come on if the battery doesn't have enough juice to power the screen. But with normal use you won't see the charging green light.
5. The moto camera doesn't let you change metering and exposure. Everything with that camera is automatic. If you want more choices, you'll need to look at a 3rd part camera app. I've heard good things about Camera FV-5. The paid version lets you adjust a lot of options.

Hope that helps!
17th March 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #4  
Flag Greensboro, NC
Thanks Meter: 161

895 posts
More
Mine does not charge from the USB port in my Acura either. I use a USB adapter for the cig lighter and that charges it fine.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
18th March 2014, 07:05 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
San Diego, Ca

208 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjb

Mine does not charge from the USB port in my Acura either. I use a USB adapter for the cig lighter and that charges it fine.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Ah! Good to know. I was thinking of getting a cig lighter charger but wasn't sure that it would work. So... you saying this confirms that I should just go get one of those and be done.
18th March 2014, 07:14 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 100

558 posts
The usb port in my Hyundai is just for media and does not charge the phone. The cigarette lighter adapters work well for charging. Get one with at least 1 amp output.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread