Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,395 Members 48,084 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] New user questions.

Tip us?

eeshlikhith
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Default [Q] New user questions.

Hello, I got my moto X yesterday and so far I'm loving it! I have a couple of questions which I hope you can answer

1. My phone shipped with 4.4.2 but I'm not seeing a good enough battery life. I got around 4 hrs 5mins of SOT with 12hrs of total time. Does the phone take time to settle and give better results? If so how long? (Android OS usage has been at around 12% and apps that run in the background are Whatsapp, Messenger, Dropbox and G+ auto upload if it matters. Also GPS is off)

2. The touchless controls don't seem to be locked to my voice at all. I've trained it 4 times and yet it responds even if someone else says the launch phrase (be it male or female). Is there a solution to this? and sometimes it doesn't detect when I say the launch phrase :/

3. Moto assist doesn't seem to detect when I'm driving. Any solution?

SymbioticGenius
Old
Thanks Meter 107
1. Check the how's your battery life thread. Yours doesn't seem bad but there's many tips in there to help.

2. Make sure you train in a quiet place. Complete silence.

3. You mentioned in your first post that GPS is off, Moto assist needs it to detect driving. In my experience turn on the GPS a few minutes ahead of time. It takes a few to catch up.

Moto X developer edition

eeshlikhith
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticGenius View Post
3. You mentioned in your first post that GPS is off, Moto assist needs it to detect driving. In my experience turn on the GPS a few minutes ahead of time. It takes a few to catch up.

Moto X developer edition
Sorry, I should have mentioned. Assist doesn't seem to detect driving with the GPS activated.

Solutions Etcetera
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeshlikhith View Post
Sorry, I should have mentioned. Assist doesn't seem to detect driving with the GPS activated.
I'm gonna take a wild guess that you're on ATT. Correct?

eeshlikhith
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
International XT1052

Solutions Etcetera
Old
Thanks Meter 155
I had this problem with an xt1053 on T-Mobile. It turned out to be a misconfiguration issue with AGPS data that was fixed in 4.4.2 (for T-Mobile).

Try turning on airplane mode and see if the issue immediately clears up.

alfuh
Old
Thanks Meter 3
For 1: make sure that you let it cycle through a few times and let it go all the way to 0 / power down. The battery should settle in and get better.

For 3. If you have Bluetooth available in your car get the phone connected. Once it knows its connected to that Bluetooth it will automatically go into driving mode even before you move.

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

eeshlikhith
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Currently in the process of cycling my battery. The battery charge calculation is off :| the battery chart goes up when idling. I'm only getting 4 hours for 12hours when I was expecting 4hours for about 20hours :|

I will try the airplane mode tomorrow
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-25-08-03-20.png
Views:	14
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	2648570