[Q] New user questions.

22nd March 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40

200 posts
Hello, I got my moto X yesterday and so far I'm loving it! I have a couple of questions which I hope you can answer

1. My phone shipped with 4.4.2 but I'm not seeing a good enough battery life. I got around 4 hrs 5mins of SOT with 12hrs of total time. Does the phone take time to settle and give better results? If so how long? (Android OS usage has been at around 12% and apps that run in the background are Whatsapp, Messenger, Dropbox and G+ auto upload if it matters. Also GPS is off)

2. The touchless controls don't seem to be locked to my voice at all. I've trained it 4 times and yet it responds even if someone else says the launch phrase (be it male or female). Is there a solution to this? and sometimes it doesn't detect when I say the launch phrase :/

3. Moto assist doesn't seem to detect when I'm driving. Any solution?
22nd March 2014, 07:12 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 109

455 posts
1. Check the how's your battery life thread. Yours doesn't seem bad but there's many tips in there to help.

2. Make sure you train in a quiet place. Complete silence.

3. You mentioned in your first post that GPS is off, Moto assist needs it to detect driving. In my experience turn on the GPS a few minutes ahead of time. It takes a few to catch up.

Moto X developer edition
22nd March 2014, 07:29 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

200 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticGenius

3. You mentioned in your first post that GPS is off, Moto assist needs it to detect driving. In my experience turn on the GPS a few minutes ahead of time. It takes a few to catch up.

Moto X developer edition

Sorry, I should have mentioned. Assist doesn't seem to detect driving with the GPS activated.
23rd March 2014, 01:18 AM   |  #4  
Flag Sierra Nevada (west slope)
Thanks Meter: 163

841 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeshlikhith

Sorry, I should have mentioned. Assist doesn't seem to detect driving with the GPS activated.

I'm gonna take a wild guess that you're on ATT. Correct?
23rd March 2014, 05:09 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

200 posts
International XT1052
23rd March 2014, 02:14 PM   |  #6  
Flag Sierra Nevada (west slope)
Thanks Meter: 163

841 posts
More
I had this problem with an xt1053 on T-Mobile. It turned out to be a misconfiguration issue with AGPS data that was fixed in 4.4.2 (for T-Mobile).

Try turning on airplane mode and see if the issue immediately clears up.
23rd March 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 3

31 posts
For 1: make sure that you let it cycle through a few times and let it go all the way to 0 / power down. The battery should settle in and get better.

For 3. If you have Bluetooth available in your car get the phone connected. Once it knows its connected to that Bluetooth it will automatically go into driving mode even before you move.

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
25th March 2014, 03:37 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

200 posts
Currently in the process of cycling my battery. The battery charge calculation is off :| the battery chart goes up when idling. I'm only getting 4 hours for 12hours when I was expecting 4hours for about 20hours :|

I will try the airplane mode tomorrow
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-25-08-03-20.png
Views:	14
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	2648570  

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread