Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Camera uses "Photos" as default viewer -- I want to use "Gallery"

OP sshanky

7th March 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

70 posts
I thought I would like using the new "photos" app that is provided on the Moto X. It has nice editing functions and it also uploads photos to Google for me as a backup.

However, I am not happy with it -- reviewing photos doesn't work because it makes the photos very dim, and there are other issues with it making me want to go back to Gallery as the app that the Camera will use when I review photos I've just taken.

Problem is, I can't find the "Photos" app listed in Settings -> Apps anywhere. I've checked everywhere. So I can't clear the defaults. I've even downloaded a default app settings app, and Photos doesn't show up in there, either. It says Gallery is still my default app, so I cleared that default. Still, when I take a pic and the slide to the left to review it, Photos is the app that shows my image.

Anyone have any ideas how to undo my selection of it as the default viewer app from the Camera?

Thanks!
8th March 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #2  
Salt Lake City, UT
Thanks Meter: 144

505 posts
More
I think the "Photos" gallery is part of Google+.

Maybe you can uninstall updates and then freeze that app to force it to reset to the gallery that is tied to the Camera app?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshanky

I thought I would like using the new "photos" app that is provided on the Moto X. It has nice editing functions and it also uploads photos to Google for me as a backup.

However, I am not happy with it -- reviewing photos doesn't work because it makes the photos very dim, and there are other issues with it making me want to go back to Gallery as the app that the Camera will use when I review photos I've just taken.

Problem is, I can't find the "Photos" app listed in Settings -> Apps anywhere. I've checked everywhere. So I can't clear the defaults. I've even downloaded a default app settings app, and Photos doesn't show up in there, either. It says Gallery is still my default app, so I cleared that default. Still, when I take a pic and the slide to the left to review it, Photos is the app that shows my image.

Anyone have any ideas how to undo my selection of it as the default viewer app from the Camera?

Thanks!

8th March 2014, 09:49 AM   |  #3  
Flag Milpitas
Thanks Meter: 31

205 posts
More
Settings >> Apps >> Google+ >> clear defaults.

Photos is part of google+, so you'll need to clear the defaults for all of the apps tied to it.
9th March 2014, 07:28 AM   |  #4  
Pilot Point
Thanks Meter: 76

902 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldouse

Settings >> Apps >> Google+ >> clear defaults.

Photos is part of google+, so you'll need to clear the defaults for all of the apps tied to it.

This.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread