Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,032 Members 50,938 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon 4.4.3?

Tip us?

Trozzul
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 193

DONATE TO ME
Default Verizon 4.4.3?

i know our Verizon XT060 has not gotten the 4.4.3 update yet would anyone know when? (only sprint and t-mobile) but since we dont even have root for 4.4.2 ,should i update it to 4.4.3 with promises of root eventually? or should i stay on 4.4.2 and wait for that root. we all heard that 4.4.3 and up will have root problems so is it even worth it?
"Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
"How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
"You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here."

Motorola Moto X
Stock KitKat 4.4.4 XT1060
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Rom: Cyanogemod 11 (4.4.4) P5113

Asus Nexus 7
Stock (4.4.4) Broken Digitizer, any recommendations?
Both Stopped turning on for no reason
Nikon Coolpix s800c
Stock Gingerbread (2.3.3)

samwathegreat
Old
(Last edited by samwathegreat; 4th June 2014 at 11:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,355

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trozzul View Post
i know our Verizon XT060 has not gotten the 4.4.3 update yet would anyone know when? (only sprint and t-mobile) but since we dont even have root for 4.4.2 ,should i update it to 4.4.3 with promises of root eventually? or should i stay on 4.4.2 and wait for that root. we all heard that 4.4.3 and up will have root problems so is it even worth it?
The new root exploit for 4.4.2 has been released. You'll find info in the "original android development" section. The exploit is PATCHED in 4.4.3

If you update, you will not be able to use the new root exploit. There is no promise that there will EVER be another exploit. If possible, you should pursue a bootloader unlock.

The "root problems" for 4.4.3 have been fixed by the latest version of SuperSU....so long as the developer of the root apps you are using has implemented the new methods. But you will ONLY achieve root on 4.4.3 with unlocked BL.

Good Luck.

P.S. Sprint Moto X users have NOT received an update yet....not even a SOAK test. Only the T-Mobile variant has received it, and you shouldn't consider it a final release. As with all "soak" tests, the idea is to identify any issues so they can be fixed, BEFORE the official OTA is released.

The official OTA will likely have updates not yet included in the current SOAK test 4.4.3.
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT

imnuts
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,974

DONATE TO ME
Well, only Nexus and GPE devices even have 4.4.3 right now, and the T-Mo update is only in testing, so I don't know why you didn't wait at least until the T-Mo version got the OTA, and then probably another week or two before asking when the update may come. Do people really have that little patience that they can't wait 2 weeks after it goes to AOSP and Nexus phones before asking about when an update will come? It'll be released when Moto, Google, Lenovo, and VZW deem it to be ready and not a moment sooner.

Sent from my Moto X
Setup a Development Environment
Setup and Use the Android SDK
Stock Odin Restore files

You can find the answer to all of your questions right here. If that doesn't work, then try this or this

Trozzul
Old
(Last edited by Trozzul; 5th June 2014 at 12:48 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 193

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
Well, only Nexus and GPE devices even have 4.4.3 right now, and the T-Mo update is only in testing, so I don't know why you didn't wait at least until the T-Mo version got the OTA, and then probably another week or two before asking when the update may come. Do people really have that little patience that they can't wait 2 weeks after it goes to AOSP and Nexus phones before asking about when an update will come? It'll be released when Moto, Google, Lenovo, and VZW deem it to be ready and not a moment sooner.

Sent from my Moto X
http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...tarting-today/ :/ i have it on my moto g already, i have plenty of Patience, you cant blame people for being excited.
"Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
"How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
"You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here."

Motorola Moto X
Stock KitKat 4.4.4 XT1060
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Rom: Cyanogemod 11 (4.4.4) P5113

Asus Nexus 7
Stock (4.4.4) Broken Digitizer, any recommendations?
Both Stopped turning on for no reason
Nikon Coolpix s800c
Stock Gingerbread (2.3.3)