Verizon 4.4.3?

Search This thread

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
i know our Verizon XT060 has not gotten the 4.4.3 update yet would anyone know when? (only sprint and t-mobile) but since we dont even have root for 4.4.2 ,should i update it to 4.4.3 with promises of root eventually? or should i stay on 4.4.2 and wait for that root. we all heard that 4.4.3 and up will have root problems so is it even worth it?

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
i know our Verizon XT060 has not gotten the 4.4.3 update yet would anyone know when? (only sprint and t-mobile) but since we dont even have root for 4.4.2 ,should i update it to 4.4.3 with promises of root eventually? or should i stay on 4.4.2 and wait for that root. we all heard that 4.4.3 and up will have root problems so is it even worth it?

The new root exploit for 4.4.2 has been released. You'll find info in the "original android development" section. The exploit is PATCHED in 4.4.3

If you update, you will not be able to use the new root exploit. There is no promise that there will EVER be another exploit. If possible, you should pursue a bootloader unlock.

The "root problems" for 4.4.3 have been fixed by the latest version of SuperSU....so long as the developer of the root apps you are using has implemented the new methods. But you will ONLY achieve root on 4.4.3 with unlocked BL.

Good Luck.

P.S. Sprint Moto X users have NOT received an update yet....not even a SOAK test. Only the T-Mobile variant has received it, and you shouldn't consider it a final release. As with all "soak" tests, the idea is to identify any issues so they can be fixed, BEFORE the official OTA is released.

The official OTA will likely have updates not yet included in the current SOAK test 4.4.3.

Last edited:

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
Well, only Nexus and GPE devices even have 4.4.3 right now, and the T-Mo update is only in testing, so I don't know why you didn't wait at least until the T-Mo version got the OTA, and then probably another week or two before asking when the update may come. Do people really have that little patience that they can't wait 2 weeks after it goes to AOSP and Nexus phones before asking about when an update will come? It'll be released when Moto, Google, Lenovo, and VZW deem it to be ready and not a moment sooner.

Sent from my Moto X

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
Well, only Nexus and GPE devices even have 4.4.3 right now, and the T-Mo update is only in testing, so I don't know why you didn't wait at least until the T-Mo version got the OTA, and then probably another week or two before asking when the update may come. Do people really have that little patience that they can't wait 2 weeks after it goes to AOSP and Nexus phones before asking about when an update will come? It'll be released when Moto, Google, Lenovo, and VZW deem it to be ready and not a moment sooner.

Sent from my Moto X

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/android-4-4-3-rolling-out-to-moto-x-e-and-g-starting-today/ :/ i have it on my moto g already, i have plenty of Patience, you cant blame people for being excited.

Last edited: