No registration required

VERIZON losing data/texting simultaneously

OP mikeosu

21st January 2014, 02:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

134 posts
More
I'm on Verizon in Columbus, OH on 4.4 with my moto x. Lately I've been having significant issues with texts not being able to send. When this happens, I also either get booted to 1x or lose all data altogether. It was happening just at home so I figured maybe a cell tower issue, but it just happened at work so I'm wondering if its a phone issue. Anyone had this happen?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
21st January 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bristol

44 posts
More
My Moto X in SWVA is holding data just fine, other than the usual spots (it's a rural area). If you check with other people in the area to see if they have issues with data, could be on to some kind of outage with VZW in that area. Otherwise, reboot phone and try a SIM card pull, and just pop it back in. Make sure contacts of the card are clean. Otherwise, it's sounding like the phone itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeosu

I'm on Verizon in Columbus, OH on 4.4 with my moto x. Lately I've been having significant issues with texts not being able to send. When this happens, I also either get booted to 1x or lose all data altogether. It was happening just at home so I figured maybe a cell tower issue, but it just happened at work so I'm wondering if its a phone issue. Anyone had this happen?

21st January 2014, 02:45 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

134 posts
More
My friends have had issues with losing data but not with texting. I may try the Sim card or system cache wipe.

21st January 2014, 03:47 PM   |  #4  
Flag Bristol

44 posts
More
I wouldn't think cache would have anything to do with the radio goofing like that. But I think the SIM card could definitely spark that issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeosu

My friends have had issues with losing data but not with texting. I may try the Sim card or system cache wipe.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread