5,597,198 Members 41,370 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon moto x no 3G only LTE/1x?

Tip us?

mawells787
Old
(Last edited by mawells787; 30th December 2013 at 05:45 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default Verizon moto x no 3G only LTE/1x?

I was just accessing the radio settings to switch to 3G evdo and it doesn't pick up anything just goes blank and then switches to 1x. Has anyone been able to connect to 3G with moto x? I have LTE just wanted to experiment how much better battery I can get with 3G.

Update: factory reset didn't help. Called Verizon their not sure whats wrong. But said that Motorola is aware of the problem which a lot of people are having and they are working on a fix, I call BS on that since others I've spoke to do have 3G on their moto x.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Smoke1991
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawells787 View Post
I was just accessing the radio settings to switch to 3G evdo and it doesn't pick up anything just goes blank and then switches to 1x. Has anyone been able to connect to 3G with moto x? I have LTE just wanted to experiment how much better battery I can get with 3G.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I was curious about this as well, but have not found a way to switch to it. Does the phone support 3g bands?

ndude737
Old
Thanks Meter 6
The Moto X does support 3G but as far as manually setting the radio I'm not sure on that.

GandalfTehGray
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Install widgetsoid, pick the 4g toggle. It will bring you to a menu where you can turn off 4g. Just be sure to screenshot the settings before. Volume down +power button.