[Q] New Verizon Moto X, Still on 4.2.2, Can't update

OP jntdroid

29th July 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag DFW, TX
Thanks Meter: 111

737 posts
More
After trying all the latest and greatest, I'm back on the Moto X. Problem is, it came with 4.2.2 on it and I can't get it to update. It continually tells me either "An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later." or another generic "can't do this right now" message that I can't recreate at the moment.

I have the latest OTA .zip, but that takes it from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4, so that won't do me much good yet. I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this... Either via old OTA .zip files, or I *am* comfortable using rsdlite and "sbfing" (fxz now right?). I'd rather do it via the OTA zip files, but if I have to I can do the fxz/sbf method. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Edit: also, if I end up having to use the fxz/sbf method, I'm assuming there are no issues with doing that for an update, rather than downgrading which has occasionally caused issues in the past depending on the version.
29th July 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

87 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jntdroid

After trying all the latest and greatest, I'm back on the Moto X. Problem is, it came with 4.2.2 on it and I can't get it to update. It continually tells me either "An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later." or another generic "can't do this right now" message that I can't recreate at the moment.

I have the latest OTA .zip, but that takes it from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4, so that won't do me much good yet. I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this... Either via old OTA .zip files, or I *am* comfortable using rsdlite and "sbfing" (fxz now right?). I'd rather do it via the OTA zip files, but if I have to I can do the fxz/sbf method. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Edit: also, if I end up having to use the fxz/sbf method, I'm assuming there are no issues with doing that for an update, rather than downgrading which has occasionally caused issues in the past depending on the version.

I have the same issue. Hopefully we will get an answeer soon.
29th July 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag DFW, TX

737 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tf442

I'm working through this right now: http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...55-26-t2827307

But I'm comfortable doing that as I've done it in the past.
29th July 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1,790

2,029 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by tf442

Quote:
Originally Posted by jntdroid

I'm working through this right now: http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...55-26-t2827307

But I'm comfortable doing that as I've done it in the past.

You are completely correct. That (link) is the answer to your problem.
30th July 2014, 04:36 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag DFW, TX

737 posts
More
Just a quick update - using the link above and Samuri's tools, I got to 4.4.4 with no problems. I know if you're new to doing that stuff it can be a bit daunting, but if you read up on the thread above and the RSDFlasher thread he links to, it's pretty straightforward and does a lot of the work for you unlike the "old days".
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.2.2, 4.4.4, can't update, moto x, verizon
Previous Thread Next Thread