Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,266 Members 40,141 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Verizon Moto X Pattern Lock Predicament

Tip us?

chris23445
Old
(Last edited by chris23445; 29th April 2014 at 03:27 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Exclamation [Q] Verizon Moto X Pattern Lock Predicament

Thanks for trying to help guys but he lost the data and worked on re-installing his apps last night. I reported this thread to be removed.

nijom
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris23445 View Post
So I have a pretty big problem here, and I'm having a ton of trouble finding a proper solution.

My college roommate has a Verizon Moto X, and long story short, he wasn't doing homework and was doing stupid stuff on his phone, so I took it and made a pattern lock for him. I didn't know he was going to try to figure it out, and he wound up trying to unlock it 10 times. After the tenth time, with no prior warning, the phone rebooted. It then proceeded to try to erase his phone. I turned it off and it keeps trying to erase it. I got into the bootloader by holding power and volume down, but is there any way to fix this? I don't think the phone has erased yet, but we're trying to get it to actually boot up. Please help me out if you know a solution. We may have to just let it erase but I really hope we don't have to do that.

Thanks a ton!!!!

EDIT So it just rebooted and it's all gone. Any way to fix it?!?!
Its gone.....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2006 - 2009 : MOTO SLVR L7 (Dead)
2009 - 2011 : MOTO ROKR E6e (Dead)
2011 - 2014 : MOTO RAZR XT910 (Alive)
2012 - 2013 : Asus Nexus 7 (Alive)
2013 - 2014 : iBerry Auxus Nuclea N1 (Sold)
2014 : MOTO G XT1033 (Sold)
2014 : MOTO X XT1052 (Alive)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KJ
Old
(Last edited by KJ; 1st May 2014 at 10:40 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2809
Try these solutions,

http://laptapos.com/android/how-to-u...tern-attempts/

Good chance all your data will be gone tho. That's just how its made to work. I'd never use these unlock things. My kids would definitely mess my phone up. I just don't keep anything sensitive on my phone.
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 3 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

SymbioticGenius
Old
Thanks Meter 107
I had no clue that if you entered incorrect info 10 times it would factory reset your phone. Is that automatic or is that just an option?

chris23445
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticGenius View Post
I had no clue that if you entered incorrect info 10 times it would factory reset your phone. Is that automatic or is that just an option?
Automatic. Doesn't do that on my Galaxy S4 though.