5,596,857 Members 49,048 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

which versions have the unlocked bootloader?

Tip us?

Blackdrag
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default which versions have the unlocked bootloader?

Hey guys, I intend to buy the Moto X next week while it's on sale for $299. Does the Moto maker carrier free version come with an unlockable bootloader? On the motorola website it says "US / Sprint, USC, TMO" version is unlockable. Does US apply to me buying a contract free Moto X directly from Motorola?
current devices:
Moto X (unlocked)
Nexus 7 2013
Asus Transformer 300t

old devices:
Droid X > Atrix 4G > Atrix HD > HTC One X+ > Atrix HD again

kj2112
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1627
Search is your friend. Google too.

I'm sorry, but its just so easy to find your answer. Seriously.

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...

Blackdrag
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112 View Post
Search is your friend. Google too.

I'm sorry, but its just so easy to find your answer. Seriously.

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...
I browsed the other questions on here but today is a lazy day :P Trust me I know Google is my friend I'm just not in the mood hahaha
current devices:
Moto X (unlocked)
Nexus 7 2013
Asus Transformer 300t

old devices:

spencer88
Old
Thanks Meter 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdrag View Post
Hey guys, I intend to buy the Moto X next week while it's on sale for $299. Does the Moto maker carrier free version come with an unlockable bootloader? On the motorola website it says "US / Sprint, USC, TMO" version is unlockable. Does US apply to me buying a contract free Moto X directly from Motorola?
The unlocked version is also considered the T-Mobile version... which can have the bootloader unlocked from Motorola. It does void the warranty though. The Dev versions are the only ones that don't void the warranty. The ATT and Verizon versions can't have the bootloader unlocked... not sure about the Sprint version.
If you sign up for Copy, we both get more space! Sign up here https://copy.com?r=iffgs6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMFGO45 View Post
Wow. I would ask if you have ever heard of the internet, but clearly you are using it.
The Following User Says Thank You to spencer88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Blackdrag
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer88 View Post
The unlocked version is also considered the T-Mobile version... which can have the bootloader unlocked from Motorola. It does void the warranty though. The Dev versions are the only ones that don't void the warranty. The ATT and Verizon versions can't have the bootloader unlocked... not sure about the Sprint version.
Ohhh okay! So I looked at the checkout and it lists GSM unlocked/tmobile so that one you can unlock the bootloader (tmobile) ... cool thanks!
current devices:
Moto X (unlocked)
Nexus 7 2013
Asus Transformer 300t

old devices: