Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,143 Members 54,277 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] XBMC failed installation on Moto X

Tip us?

wytecaztle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Video [Q] XBMC failed installation on Moto X

I am trying to reinstall XBMC on my Sprint Moto X but installation fails. I was having issues with audio with the latest from xbmc. org so I uninstalled. When I go and try to reinstall it fails. I have removed Screenfilter app and other recent apps I have downloaded. Anyone having same issue?

RenSoAbrupt
Old
Thanks Meter 27
XMBC installed fine for me without problems. Though when I'm watching a movie it shutters in between every few seconds.

Dark9781
Old
Thanks Meter 217
I had a similar issue with Google Sound Search installing from the play store on my Atrix HD. What I did was installed it on my sister's RAZR, pulled the apk from the data>app directory and placed it in the data>app directory on my Atrix HD. I then set permissions to rw-r--r-- and rebooted. It was then installed when my phone came back up. If you have the apk you can try sticking it in data>app and setting the proper permissions, then rebooting. You will need root for this.

Sent from my Moto X on KitKat
Need Cloud storage? Try dropbox today. Just click on the link below to get started.
Dropbox
--------------------------------------------------------------
Can you see my memories?

Greg8
Old
Thanks Meter 1
XBMC installed fine on mine however I do have playback issues on higher quality rips. This is over wifi though - I think my router needs some QoS setup on it.

wytecaztle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Anyone ever find a fix to this? I can install other xbmc's no problem like "beyond xbmc" but will fail after first run. I think it may be blocked by moto.