FORUMS

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

VZW Motomaker locked 4.4.2 root yet??

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By chris420o, Junior Member on 7th April 2014, 05:45 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have a motomaker moto x on vzw which is obviously locked...im rooted on 4.4 because i need gravity box at least since i cant get custom roms(ugh) so i havent upgraded to 4.4.2 yet because it hasnt been rooted...my question was has it been rooted because i cant find anything about it anywhere...and if not is anyone working on it? as much as i love this phone i really miss unlocking and rooting

7th April 2014, 06:10 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris420o

I have a motomaker moto x on vzw which is obviously locked...im rooted on 4.4 because i need gravity box at least since i cant get custom roms(ugh) so i havent upgraded to 4.4.2 yet because it hasnt been rooted...my question was has it been rooted because i cant find anything about it anywhere...and if not is anyone working on it? as much as i love this phone i really miss unlocking and rooting

there is no root method for 4.4.2 (covered extensively). your only option (for now) is to sit on your current version or apply a ROM that gives you 4.4.2 functionality (but you're still on 4.4 kernel).
8th April 2014, 08:29 AM |#3  
Flag Kansas
Thanks Meter: 10

More
BUMPING for interest
8th April 2014, 03:15 PM |#4  
Earth
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I feel ya man. I'm also sitting on rooted 4.4 wishing I could update to 4.4.2. I like the stock OS on this phone so I don't feel the need to have an unlocked bootloader, but I would love to be able to have the latest OS version. Although I don't think it's a huge update anyways. I've seriously thought about going back to stock and updating to 4.4.2, but I would miss root WAY too much. I love being able to tether without asking for Verizon's permission.
8th April 2014, 09:48 PM |#5  
Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 28

More
At least you have root. I'm sitting on 4.4.2 waiting for root. So wish I could use xposed...
8th April 2014, 10:09 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog1799

At least you have root. I'm sitting on 4.4.2 waiting for root. So wish I could use xposed...

Did you order your x from the moto design website? Or from verizen?
8th April 2014, 10:54 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 249

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitinthedirt

Woodback VZW MotoMaker here...
8th April 2014, 11:09 PM |#8  
Salt Lake City

More
Quote:

I ordered it from the moto maker website
8th April 2014, 11:15 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
When did you order it? I placed an order two days ago for a design your own.. a guy here posted he got his two days ago and it had 4.4 on it so thought mine might come with 4.4
8th April 2014, 11:18 PM |#10  
Salt Lake City

More
Quote:

When did you order it? I placed an order two days ago for a design your own.. a guy here posted he got his two days ago and it had 4.4 on it so thought mine might come with 4.4

Mine was ordered a month ago or so. I think it probably is hit or miss whether it has been updated or not. But mine was actually on 4.4 and it updated to 4.4.2 overnight
8th April 2014, 11:44 PM |#11  
Forum Moderator
Flag The Old Republic
Thanks Meter: 8,081

More
If you realllllly want root....i'd return the phone and get a dev edition. Otherwise you may be stuck on 4.4.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Or sell it and add some cash for the dev edition if you can't return it. 😀

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread