FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

VZW Motomaker locked 4.4.2 root yet??

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By chris420o, Junior Member on 7th April 2014, 05:45 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have a motomaker moto x on vzw which is obviously locked...im rooted on 4.4 because i need gravity box at least since i cant get custom roms(ugh) so i havent upgraded to 4.4.2 yet because it hasnt been rooted...my question was has it been rooted because i cant find anything about it anywhere...and if not is anyone working on it? as much as i love this phone i really miss unlocking and rooting
 
 
7th April 2014, 06:10 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 169
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris420o

I have a motomaker moto x on vzw which is obviously locked...im rooted on 4.4 because i need gravity box at least since i cant get custom roms(ugh) so i havent upgraded to 4.4.2 yet because it hasnt been rooted...my question was has it been rooted because i cant find anything about it anywhere...and if not is anyone working on it? as much as i love this phone i really miss unlocking and rooting

there is no root method for 4.4.2 (covered extensively). your only option (for now) is to sit on your current version or apply a ROM that gives you 4.4.2 functionality (but you're still on 4.4 kernel).
8th April 2014, 08:29 AM |#3  
Member
Flag Kansas
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
BUMPING for interest
8th April 2014, 03:15 PM |#4  
Member
Earth
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
I feel ya man. I'm also sitting on rooted 4.4 wishing I could update to 4.4.2. I like the stock OS on this phone so I don't feel the need to have an unlocked bootloader, but I would love to be able to have the latest OS version. Although I don't think it's a huge update anyways. I've seriously thought about going back to stock and updating to 4.4.2, but I would miss root WAY too much. I love being able to tether without asking for Verizon's permission.
8th April 2014, 09:48 PM |#5  
underdog1799's Avatar
Member
Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
At least you have root. I'm sitting on 4.4.2 waiting for root. So wish I could use xposed...
8th April 2014, 10:09 PM |#6  
doitinthedirt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog1799

At least you have root. I'm sitting on 4.4.2 waiting for root. So wish I could use xposed...

Did you order your x from the moto design website? Or from verizen?
8th April 2014, 10:54 PM |#7  
timeToy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 244
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitinthedirt

Did you order your x from the moto design website? Or from verizen?

Woodback VZW MotoMaker here...
8th April 2014, 11:09 PM |#8  
underdog1799's Avatar
Member
Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitinthedirt

Did you order your x from the moto design website? Or from verizen?

I ordered it from the moto maker website
8th April 2014, 11:15 PM |#9  
doitinthedirt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
When did you order it? I placed an order two days ago for a design your own.. a guy here posted he got his two days ago and it had 4.4 on it so thought mine might come with 4.4
8th April 2014, 11:18 PM |#10  
underdog1799's Avatar
Member
Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitinthedirt

When did you order it? I placed an order two days ago for a design your own.. a guy here posted he got his two days ago and it had 4.4 on it so thought mine might come with 4.4

Mine was ordered a month ago or so. I think it probably is hit or miss whether it has been updated or not. But mine was actually on 4.4 and it updated to 4.4.2 overnight
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes