XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Whatsapp and Active Display on 4.4

Tip us?

juliano_q
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Default Whatsapp and Active Display on 4.4

Guys, Kit Kat is running smoothly here. The only thing that is bothering me a little is that after the update, when I access a notification from Whatsapp on Active Display it goes to the top of the chat, not on the bottom like it was previously. Anyone else with this little issue?
Phone: Moto X

Samsung Galaxy (crap) > Galaxy S (crap, sold) > Nexus S > Galaxy Nexus > Galaxy S III (crap, sold) > Nexus 4 (stolen) > Moto X
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juliano_q For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

waiflih
Old
Thanks Meter 104
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565205

Unwanted scrolling up when swiping up active notifications

Enviado desde mi XT1052 usando Tapatalk
Hit the "Thanks" button if I was helpful

shaya4207
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliano_q View Post
Guys, Kit Kat is running smoothly here. The only thing that is bothering me a little is that after the update, when I access a notification from Whatsapp on Active Display it goes to the top of the chat, not on the bottom like it was previously. Anyone else with this little issue?
Same here, kinda annoying

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

geoji
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliano_q View Post
Since you use whatsapp, can you check something else for me. Can you send a voice message to someone through whatsapp and check the volume of the message. On the MotoX I find the recording volume is very low compared to Galaxy S3 or HTC sensation. I was wondering if this was an issue with all MotoX s or if my phone is defective.

Maitox
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoji View Post
Since you use whatsapp, can you check something else for me. Can you send a voice message to someone through whatsapp and check the volume of the message. On the MotoX I find the recording volume is very low compared to Galaxy S3 or HTC sensation. I was wondering if this was an issue with all MotoX s or if my phone is defective.
It's not a bug in your device. I have the same issue in my Moto X XT1058 both in 4.2.2. and 4.4 stock, no unlocked bootloader, no fancy kernels, NADA.
Looks like Whatsapp is either using the wrong mic, or it's setting its recording volume waaaay too low

Rockliveson123
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
This is actually true on all recording apps. its like an over compensation of noise cancelation. If you use the app Hi Q mp3 it will be very low. But if you change the mic setting to RAW its loud but a lot of background noise.

My Moto Made X