Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

[Q] [Weirdest] Boot Loop/Unlocked Boot Loader

11th August 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 1,684

1,965 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by him25tyg

I have done this too, anyway I did it again but no result. Everything flashed okay. And yet after reboot I am stuck on boot loop and recovery won't work. Same situation.

you were saying it could be hardware problem. How?

OK, so nothing failed?

Recovery won't work huh? Are you pressing VOL UP + POWER after you enter recovery? Normally you just get a black screen until you press VOL UP + POWER multiple times. But if you are flashing the full SBF as instructed, recovery really isn't necessary...

How could it be a hardware problem? Good question. These devices have thousands of tiny intricate parts. I won't pretend to be some kind of expert, but random failure is always a possibility. It is rare, but the fact that this whole issue happened seemingly randomly would suggest that a Hardware failure might be the case.

Now, Since the Moto X has only been out for about a year, consider the possibility of getting a warranty replacement! The USA models carry a 1-year warranty. You might check with Moto to see if your XT1052 variant does as well.

Good Luck
11th August 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat

OK, so nothing failed?

Recovery won't work huh? Are you pressing VOL UP + POWER after you enter recovery? Normally you just get a black screen until you press VOL UP + POWER multiple times. But if you are flashing the full SBF as instructed, recovery really isn't necessary...

How could it be a hardware problem? Good question. These devices have thousands of tiny intricate parts. I won't pretend to be some kind of expert, but random failure is always a possibility. It is rare, but the fact that this whole issue happened seemingly randomly would suggest that a Hardware failure might be the case.

Now, Since the Moto X has only been out for about a year, consider the possibility of getting a warranty replacement! The USA models carry a 1-year warranty. You might check with Moto to see if your XT1052 variant does as well.

Good Luck

Nothing failed Right. I pressed VOL DOWN+POWER, then chose recovery and the screen went blank for about 5 minutes bfore it restarts itself.

No lying Android symbol, nothing.

So I guess its pretty much it. This is hardware failure. This is just two months old phone, and since boot loader is unlocked, the warrenty is void. Replacement can be very costly now i guess.
11th August 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 1,684

1,965 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by him25tyg

Nothing failed Right. I pressed VOL DOWN+POWER, then chose recovery and the screen went blank for about 5 minutes bfore it restarts itself.

No lying Android symbol, nothing.

So I guess its pretty much it. This is hardware failure. This is just two months old phone, and since boot loader is unlocked, the warrenty is void. Replacement can be very costly now i guess.

OK First, it is normal to have the screen to blank after you enter recovery. Once you see the blank screen, you are supposed to press VOL UP + Power (sometimes multiple times) before the recovery with the dead android appears.

Second, many people have advised that even though they unlocked their bootloader, Moto replaced the device under warranty anyways. I'm not saying that they WILL, just that they have for others in the past. It is definitely worth checking with them to see if they will replace it. If they don't ask you, don't mention that you unlocked it.

Hope you are able to obtain a replacement.
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th August 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:

OK First, it is normal to have the screen to blank after you enter recovery. Once you see the blank screen, you are supposed to press VOL UP + Power (sometimes multiple times) before the recovery with the dead android appears.

Second, many people have advised that even though they unlocked their bootloader, Moto replaced the device under warranty anyways. I'm not saying that they WILL, just that they have for others in the past. It is definitely worth checking with them to see if they will replace it. If they don't ask you, don't mention that you unlocked it.

So I guess I will keep trying this recovery option or mAaay be twrp till tommo. First thing in the morning will be mOto serivice centre. I hope they replace it.

Thanks for guiding me.
19th August 2014, 01:44 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Smile replaced
Quote:

So, it was a hardware failure and moto x replaced it
Yo moto
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread