Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 36,021 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Weirdest] Boot Loop/Unlocked Boot Loader

Tip us?
 
samwathegreat
Old
#11  
samwathegreat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,609
Posts: 1,899
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by him25tyg View Post
I have done this too, anyway I did it again but no result. Everything flashed okay. And yet after reboot I am stuck on boot loop and recovery won't work. Same situation.

you were saying it could be hardware problem. How?
OK, so nothing failed?

Recovery won't work huh? Are you pressing VOL UP + POWER after you enter recovery? Normally you just get a black screen until you press VOL UP + POWER multiple times. But if you are flashing the full SBF as instructed, recovery really isn't necessary...

How could it be a hardware problem? Good question. These devices have thousands of tiny intricate parts. I won't pretend to be some kind of expert, but random failure is always a possibility. It is rare, but the fact that this whole issue happened seemingly randomly would suggest that a Hardware failure might be the case.

Now, Since the Moto X has only been out for about a year, consider the possibility of getting a warranty replacement! The USA models carry a 1-year warranty. You might check with Moto to see if your XT1052 variant does as well.


Good Luck
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.


I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE



Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT
 
him25tyg
Old
#12  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
OK, so nothing failed?

Recovery won't work huh? Are you pressing VOL UP + POWER after you enter recovery? Normally you just get a black screen until you press VOL UP + POWER multiple times. But if you are flashing the full SBF as instructed, recovery really isn't necessary...

How could it be a hardware problem? Good question. These devices have thousands of tiny intricate parts. I won't pretend to be some kind of expert, but random failure is always a possibility. It is rare, but the fact that this whole issue happened seemingly randomly would suggest that a Hardware failure might be the case.

Now, Since the Moto X has only been out for about a year, consider the possibility of getting a warranty replacement! The USA models carry a 1-year warranty. You might check with Moto to see if your XT1052 variant does as well.


Good Luck

Nothing failed Right. I pressed VOL DOWN+POWER, then chose recovery and the screen went blank for about 5 minutes bfore it restarts itself.

No lying Android symbol, nothing.

So I guess its pretty much it. This is hardware failure. This is just two months old phone, and since boot loader is unlocked, the warrenty is void. Replacement can be very costly now i guess.
 
samwathegreat
Old
#13  
samwathegreat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,609
Posts: 1,899
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by him25tyg View Post
Nothing failed Right. I pressed VOL DOWN+POWER, then chose recovery and the screen went blank for about 5 minutes bfore it restarts itself.

No lying Android symbol, nothing.

So I guess its pretty much it. This is hardware failure. This is just two months old phone, and since boot loader is unlocked, the warrenty is void. Replacement can be very costly now i guess.
OK First, it is normal to have the screen to blank after you enter recovery. Once you see the blank screen, you are supposed to press VOL UP + Power (sometimes multiple times) before the recovery with the dead android appears.

Second, many people have advised that even though they unlocked their bootloader, Moto replaced the device under warranty anyways. I'm not saying that they WILL, just that they have for others in the past. It is definitely worth checking with them to see if they will replace it. If they don't ask you, don't mention that you unlocked it.

Hope you are able to obtain a replacement.
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.


I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE



Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
him25tyg
Old
#14  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
OK First, it is normal to have the screen to blank after you enter recovery. Once you see the blank screen, you are supposed to press VOL UP + Power (sometimes multiple times) before the recovery with the dead android appears.

Second, many people have advised that even though they unlocked their bootloader, Moto replaced the device under warranty anyways. I'm not saying that they WILL, just that they have for others in the past. It is definitely worth checking with them to see if they will replace it. If they don't ask you, don't mention that you unlocked it.

Hope you are able to obtain a replacement.


So I guess I will keep trying this recovery option or mAaay be twrp till tommo. First thing in the morning will be mOto serivice centre. I hope they replace it.

Thanks for guiding me.
 
him25tyg
Old
#15  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Aug 2014
Smile replaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
OK First, it is normal to have the screen to blank after you enter recovery. Once you see the blank screen, you are supposed to press VOL UP + Power (sometimes multiple times) before the recovery with the dead android appears.

Second, many people have advised that even though they unlocked their bootloader, Moto replaced the device under warranty anyways. I'm not saying that they WILL, just that they have for others in the past. It is definitely worth checking with them to see if they will replace it. If they don't ask you, don't mention that you unlocked it.

Hope you are able to obtain a replacement.
So, it was a hardware failure and moto x replaced it
Yo moto
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more

MultiROM Makes Its Way to the LG G2

Over the last few weeks, we’ve seen quite a fewflagship (and former flagship) devicesget to … more

Jair Player with a Major Update–Here’s What’s New!

Back in May, we talked a bit aboutJair Player, a nice looking music … more