[Q] Wifi app battery usage?

OP jphillips.hd88

15th July 2014, 03:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26

236 posts
More
Hello everyone, I have read several pages of battery discussions in general and I can't seem to find my specific issue. My wifes x has been getting terrible battery life and I just notice that wifi has been using battery and haven't even turned it ON! Does anyone have an explanation or fix. It is rooted and bootloader unlocked, running stock with xposed. I have tried reflashing firmware without wipe to no avail. Thinking my next move is FXZ but id like to see if someone might have an idea before I do that. Thanks a bunch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9252_Screenshot_2014-07-14-18-35-28.png
Views:	36
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	2851847  
Last edited by jphillips.hd88; 15th July 2014 at 03:06 AM. Reason: Add a photo
15th July 2014, 03:19 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,728

1,988 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphillips.hd88

Hello everyone, I have read several pages of battery discussions in general and I can't seem to find my specific issue. My wifes x has been getting terrible battery life and I just notice that wifi has been using battery and haven't even turned it ON! Does anyone have an explanation or fix. It is rooted and bootloader unlocked, running stock with xposed. I have tried reflashing firmware without wipe to no avail. Thinking my next move is FXZ but id like to see if someone might have an idea before I do that. Thanks a bunch.

Settings > WiFi > Click the 3 dots in bottom right corner. > Click Advanced > Uncheck "Scanning always available".

You can thank google for this. In attempt to build their database up (they say "to improve location accuracy"), google actually scans for wifi networks EVEN WHEN IT IS OFF! This is now the default setting!

Uncheck it and see if battery use improves...
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th July 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26

236 posts
More
Thanks for the super fast reply! Done, I bet that will help a bunch, considering it was the third biggest battery hog behind screen and android services.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread