Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,147 Members 51,382 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wifi app battery usage?

Tip us?

jphillips.hd88
Old
(Last edited by jphillips.hd88; 15th July 2014 at 03:06 AM.) Reason: Add a photo
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default [Q] Wifi app battery usage?

Hello everyone, I have read several pages of battery discussions in general and I can't seem to find my specific issue. My wifes x has been getting terrible battery life and I just notice that wifi has been using battery and haven't even turned it ON! Does anyone have an explanation or fix. It is rooted and bootloader unlocked, running stock with xposed. I have tried reflashing firmware without wipe to no avail. Thinking my next move is FXZ but id like to see if someone might have an idea before I do that. Thanks a bunch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9252_Screenshot_2014-07-14-18-35-28.png
Views:	36
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	2851847  
Droid Maxx - Developer Edition-Jaocagomez Debloated 21.11.21
Nexus 7 - Stock
Three Moto X's
HTC One M8 s-off rooted

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 1,576

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphillips.hd88 View Post
Hello everyone, I have read several pages of battery discussions in general and I can't seem to find my specific issue. My wifes x has been getting terrible battery life and I just notice that wifi has been using battery and haven't even turned it ON! Does anyone have an explanation or fix. It is rooted and bootloader unlocked, running stock with xposed. I have tried reflashing firmware without wipe to no avail. Thinking my next move is FXZ but id like to see if someone might have an idea before I do that. Thanks a bunch.
Settings > WiFi > Click the 3 dots in bottom right corner. > Click Advanced > Uncheck "Scanning always available".

You can thank google for this. In attempt to build their database up (they say "to improve location accuracy"), google actually scans for wifi networks EVEN WHEN IT IS OFF! This is now the default setting!

Uncheck it and see if battery use improves...
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jphillips.hd88
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Thanks for the super fast reply! Done, I bet that will help a bunch, considering it was the third biggest battery hog behind screen and android services.
Droid Maxx - Developer Edition-Jaocagomez Debloated 21.11.21
Nexus 7 - Stock
Three Moto X's
HTC One M8 s-off rooted