Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,246 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi Isn't Working...

Tip us?

samwathegreat
Old
(Last edited by samwathegreat; 2nd June 2014 at 07:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,635

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu422 View Post
Okay I've done all that but still nothing... Do I need to replace your mac address from your file with my mac address? Or something?
I opened that zip and looked at WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin with a HEX editor.

I couldn't find a MAC address inside that file. Either I'm missing it, or its encrypted, or its not in there.

Any idea how this happened? Have you preformed any of the root or write protect exploits?

EDIT: Also checked the regulatory, calibration, and bt files. None of them appear to have a MAC address inside. Not even the bluetooth nv persist file.
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT

blu422
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post

I couldn't find a MAC address inside that file. Either I'm missing it, or its encrypted, or its not in there.

Any idea how this happened? Have you preformed any of the root or write protect exploits?

EDIT: Also checked the regulatory, calibration, and bt files. None of them appear to have a MAC address inside. Not even the bluetooth nv persist file.
Thank you for all the time you've put into it. I suspected a mac address because they talk about it in the posts I linked to in the op. I don't know the history of the device I just got it on stock with an unlocked bootloader and I again flashed it to stock with RSD to try to eliminate these problems I dont think its the hard ware because it can sense cell reception just fine. Again thank you for your time.
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Any spare time? Check this out.

blu422
Old
(Last edited by blu422; 5th June 2014 at 08:34 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu422 View Post
Thank you for all the time you've put into it. I suspected a mac address because they talk about it in the posts I linked to in the op. I don't know the history of the device I just got it on stock with an unlocked bootloader and I again flashed it to stock with RSD to try to eliminate these problems I dont think its the hard ware because it can sense cell reception just fine. Again thank you for your time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiagoPeixoto View Post
So, I got it working again. The problem was indeed in the persist folder, it was missing a file named WCNSS_qcom_wlan_factory_nv.bin. So I managed to extract it from the persist.img and moved it to persist folder again. After that I edited the bin file and inserted my MAC address. Finally I have flashed my phone to stock ROM again and it worked just fine.

Here's the file:
Like TiagoPeixoto said
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Any spare time? Check this out.
The Following User Says Thank You to blu422 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]