Wifi Isn't Working...

2nd June 2014, 06:56 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 1,684

1,966 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu422

Okay I've done all that but still nothing... Do I need to replace your mac address from your file with my mac address? Or something?

I opened that zip and looked at WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin with a HEX editor.

I couldn't find a MAC address inside that file. Either I'm missing it, or its encrypted, or its not in there.

Any idea how this happened? Have you preformed any of the root or write protect exploits?

EDIT: Also checked the regulatory, calibration, and bt files. None of them appear to have a MAC address inside. Not even the bluetooth nv persist file.
Last edited by samwathegreat; 2nd June 2014 at 07:03 AM.
3rd June 2014, 04:39 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bountiful, UT
Thanks Meter: 49

335 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat

I couldn't find a MAC address inside that file. Either I'm missing it, or its encrypted, or its not in there.

Any idea how this happened? Have you preformed any of the root or write protect exploits?

EDIT: Also checked the regulatory, calibration, and bt files. None of them appear to have a MAC address inside. Not even the bluetooth nv persist file.

Thank you for all the time you've put into it. I suspected a mac address because they talk about it in the posts I linked to in the op. I don't know the history of the device I just got it on stock with an unlocked bootloader and I again flashed it to stock with RSD to try to eliminate these problems I dont think its the hard ware because it can sense cell reception just fine. Again thank you for your time.
5th June 2014, 07:37 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bountiful, UT
Thanks Meter: 49

335 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu422

Thank you for all the time you've put into it. I suspected a mac address because they talk about it in the posts I linked to in the op. I don't know the history of the device I just got it on stock with an unlocked bootloader and I again flashed it to stock with RSD to try to eliminate these problems I dont think its the hard ware because it can sense cell reception just fine. Again thank you for your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiagoPeixoto

So, I got it working again. The problem was indeed in the persist folder, it was missing a file named WCNSS_qcom_wlan_factory_nv.bin. So I managed to extract it from the persist.img and moved it to persist folder again. After that I edited the bin file and inserted my MAC address. Finally I have flashed my phone to stock ROM again and it worked just fine.

Here's the file:

Like TiagoPeixoto said
Last edited by blu422; 5th June 2014 at 08:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to blu422 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread