Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Wifi scanning

OP M973

13th June 2014, 02:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 34

475 posts
More
Battery life is pretty good for me, but wondering, as wifi is high on the list, if anyone finds decreasing scanning interval to be significantly helpful, I would think it would?
Thanks

Sent from my XT1058
13th June 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #2  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 51

338 posts
I noticed a slight improvement with WiFi Scanning switched off. I always leave it off now as I don't feel like I need to use it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wutang200 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2014, 04:37 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag NJ

475 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wutang200

I noticed a slight improvement with WiFi Scanning switched off. I always leave it off now as I don't feel like I need to use it.

Thanks, I don't need it to scan, I only use it at home. I didn't realize there was that option -under "scanning always available" I have it unchecked, I guess that's the same as having scanning off??

Thank you

Edit: I'm guessing that doesn't turn off scanning, as when I look at the available networks list, I see it refreshing.
How do you turn off scanning? Is there a setting, or only with editing the build.prop?

Thanks
Last edited by M973; 13th June 2014 at 04:53 PM.
13th June 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 97

541 posts
You might want to uncheck 'Network notification' in the wifi advanced settings. Probably no need to look for open networks constantly when you can look for one when you need one.
13th June 2014, 05:38 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag NJ

475 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groid

You might want to uncheck 'Network notification' in the wifi advanced settings. Probably no need to look for open networks constantly when you can look for one when you need one.

I have that unchecked as well, thanks.

Wondering if there is a way to not have it scan at all, or is the only option to decrease the scanning interval by editing the build prop line??

Thanks for any and all help with this
14th June 2014, 12:18 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag NJ

475 posts
More

Is my wifi scanning off then if "scanning always available" is unchecked?

I see it refreshing when I look at the list, but I read it could be when you're in wifi settings it scans, even though you've set it off?

If anyone has more familiarity with wifi scanning, disabling it, would greatly appreciate it

Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread