Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

I wish there is a reboot option when long press the power button.

OP x2h

16th March 2014, 07:42 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
More
I am puzzled that the Moto X also doesn't have a restart. I feel like Android is so smart in so many ways, but misses some of the most basic functions...
16th March 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 112

688 posts
Just root and use xposed + gravity

Enviado desde mi XT1053 mediante Tapatalk
16th March 2014, 08:54 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 31

182 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640k

FWIW - the power+vol "trick" is meant to simulate a battery pull since the battery is inaccessible (think phone frozen/unresponsive). What this means is that it is a hard stop on ALL processes, which is bad for memory allocation and may cause Android system slowness while it recovers from the abrupt stop. I never figured out if the Quick-Boot app does the same thing.

So when I hear/read people say they've performed a "soft-reboot" on their device, i often wonder what this technically means since there isn't an actual way to accomplish a "soft-reboot" gracefully. it's the equivalent of hitting the reset button on your PC while Windows is running.

The soft reboot is exactly the same as a normal reboot from gravitybox or quickboot or anything else. The ONLY difference is that soft reboot starts the boot at a kernel level, and the 'hard' reboot starts at the bootloader level. They both stop processes in the exact same way.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread