Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 40,260 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I wish there is a reboot option when long press the power button.

Tip us?

Dalvik_Cache
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am puzzled that the Moto X also doesn't have a restart. I feel like Android is so smart in so many ways, but misses some of the most basic functions...

conquesoextra
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Just root and use xposed + gravity

Enviado desde mi XT1053 mediante Tapatalk

weldawadyathink
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640k View Post
FWIW - the power+vol "trick" is meant to simulate a battery pull since the battery is inaccessible (think phone frozen/unresponsive). What this means is that it is a hard stop on ALL processes, which is bad for memory allocation and may cause Android system slowness while it recovers from the abrupt stop. I never figured out if the Quick-Boot app does the same thing.

So when I hear/read people say they've performed a "soft-reboot" on their device, i often wonder what this technically means since there isn't an actual way to accomplish a "soft-reboot" gracefully. it's the equivalent of hitting the reset button on your PC while Windows is running.
The soft reboot is exactly the same as a normal reboot from gravitybox or quickboot or anything else. The ONLY difference is that soft reboot starts the boot at a kernel level, and the 'hard' reboot starts at the bootloader level. They both stop processes in the exact same way.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk