5,606,588 Members 35,832 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Keep my X or go N5?

Tip us?
 
spencer88
Old
#151  
spencer88's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 220
Posts: 1,645
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Columbia, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott62185 View Post
You'll love it.
The only thing I might be concerned with is if ATTs coverage will work for me.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk
If you sign up for Copy, we both get more space! Sign up here https://copy.com?r=iffgs6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMFGO45 View Post
Wow. I would ask if you have ever heard of the internet, but clearly you are using it.
 
_MetalHead_
Old
#152  
_MetalHead_'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1987
Posts: 5,050
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicagoland
I have both, got each one on release day... The Nexus 5 is currently for sale on craigslist. I will never sell my Moto X. I think it is the best smartphone ever made.

Sent from my Moto X
\m/(-_-)\m/
The Following User Says Thank You to _MetalHead_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kj2112
Old
#153  
kj2112's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1673
Posts: 4,588
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The boonies - southwest Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_ View Post
I have both, got each one on release day... The Nexus 5 is currently for sale on craigslist. I will never sell my Moto X. I think it is the best smartphone ever made.

Sent from my Moto X
Agreed. I gave my X to my wife tho. She had an S2, hated it and went back to her iPhone 4s. Android left a bad taste in her mouth and she swore next phone would be an iPhone again. Until she played with my X. LOL. Now its hers and she couldn't be happier.

Me, I missed all the options and care free flashing ...things that aren't the Moto x's strength. So I got the N5. My biggest fear tho was battery life. Heard a lot of mixed reviews of N5 battery. But I'm nearly matching my Moto x life. 24 hours or so with 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 screen time. So I'm happy!

The question....Moto x or N5....I answer the same still as when I only had the x. You want to flash anything and everything ....going forward or back in android versions with ease....get the N5. But if flashing stuff isn't a concern and you want an amazing phone, best I've used overall....get the Moto x.

Most things are near equal on both devices....even battery, for me anyway. But the Moto x is rock solid, refined and has unique Moto x features. The N5 is powerful and great all around, but the only reason I'd say get it over the X is if you want a booming development section.



Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
_MetalHead_
Old
#154  
_MetalHead_'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1987
Posts: 5,050
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicagoland
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112 View Post
Agreed. I gave my X to my wife tho. She had an S2, hated it and went back to her iPhone 4s. Android left a bad taste in her mouth and she swore next phone would be an iPhone again. Until she played with my X. LOL. Now its hers and she couldn't be happier.

Me, I missed all the options and care free flashing ...things that aren't the Moto x's strength. So I got the N5. My biggest fear tho was battery life. Heard a lot of mixed reviews of N5 battery. But I'm nearly matching my Moto x life. 24 hours or so with 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 screen time. So I'm happy!

The question....Moto x or N5....I answer the same still as when I only had the x. You want to flash anything and everything ....going forward or back in android versions with ease....get the N5. But if flashing stuff isn't a concern and you want an amazing phone, best I've used overall....get the Moto x.

Most things are near equal on both devices....even battery, for me anyway. But the Moto x is rock solid, refined and has unique Moto x features. The N5 is powerful and great all around, but the only reason I'd say get it over the X is if you want a booming development section.



Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Yeah I don't get all the complaints about the N5's battery life. I get phenomenal battery life with it. Not quite as good as the Moto X, but almost. The Moto X has the best battery life of any phone I've ever owned. The N5 is a VERY close second. I think people are just focusing too much on the actual rating of the battery and not how efficiently the phone uses it.

Sent from my Moto X
\m/(-_-)\m/
The Following User Says Thank You to _MetalHead_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kj2112
Old
#155  
kj2112's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1673
Posts: 4,588
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The boonies - southwest Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_ View Post
Yeah I don't get all the complaints about the N5's battery life. I get phenomenal battery life with it. Not quite as good as the Moto X, but almost. The Moto X has the best battery life of any phone I've ever owned. The N5 is a VERY close second. I think people are just focusing too much on the actual rating of the battery and not how efficiently the phone uses it.

Sent from my Moto X
Well, you and I both run our phones lean and mean. That certainly helps. Some want every bell and whistle running....gonna cost them juice.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to kj2112 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
alhadee12
Old
#156  
alhadee12's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 320
Join Date: Sep 2013
I have them both and I'll agree that the X has a little better battery life.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Searching for the right device.
 
kj2112
Old
#157  
kj2112's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1673
Posts: 4,588
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The boonies - southwest Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by alhadee12 View Post
I have them both and I'll agree that the X has a little better battery life.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Yes....a little.


Sent from my N5 cell phone telephone....
 
_MetalHead_
Old
#158  
_MetalHead_'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1987
Posts: 5,050
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicagoland
Is it weird that I sold my N5 and ended up getting an iPhone 5s? lol
\m/(-_-)\m/
 
acruxksa
Old
#159  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 211
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Anchorage, AK
For everyone who's had a moto x and N5, Any difference in reception/call quality?
Current Phones:
32GB Woven Black, Black, Metallic Blue, GSM Unlocked Moto-X - Primary Phone
Samsung Galaxy S4 i337 KangaKat Secondary Phone | Google Nexus 4 (backup phone) KitKat
 
wmdunn
Old
#160  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 170
Posts: 743
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_ View Post
Is it weird that I sold my N5 and ended up getting an iPhone 5s? lol
I'd be interested to hear your take on the iPhone 5s versus the Moto X ...
"Wise men still seek Him ... "

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes