No registration required

[Q] been out of the xda world for a while, need a couple questions awnsered

OP TheWhiteChallenger

5th July 2014, 01:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 97

486 posts
More
ok i had alot of bs happening in my life latly and just totally lost touch with this whole scene and im now having some tech issues and was hoping you guy would be kind enough to refreshify my memory and give me some updates.

so to my phone is a dev edition, Ultra Maxx but im running the VZW moto x factory images so that is why im posting here.
so whats been happening is my phone has been generally running slow and im getting really inconsistent battery life. what i was planing was to flash just to reflash the moto x firmware. im on straight 4.4 and now i see weve gotten 4.4.2 and 4.4.3 and im wondering what are the pros and cons were from a hack-ability stand point if any since im unlocked? also i use skvalex's call recorder and wondered if anyone is using it successfully on 4.4.2 or 4.4.3.
and im sure this is just me being a retard but i cant find motorolas factory image page? am i stupid or are they dicks and not doing it any more?
thanks in advance for the help and for patients with my reversion to a noob.
5th July 2014, 06:11 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,777

2,025 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteChallenger

ok i had alot of bs happening in my life latly and just totally lost touch with this whole scene and im now having some tech issues and was hoping you guy would be kind enough to refreshify my memory and give me some updates.

so to my phone is a dev edition, Ultra Maxx but im running the VZW moto x factory images so that is why im posting here.
so whats been happening is my phone has been generally running slow and im getting really inconsistent battery life. what i was planing was to flash just to reflash the moto x firmware. im on straight 4.4 and now i see weve gotten 4.4.2 and 4.4.3 and im wondering what are the pros and cons were from a hack-ability stand point if any since im unlocked? also i use skvalex's call recorder and wondered if anyone is using it successfully on 4.4.2 or 4.4.3.
and im sure this is just me being a retard but i cant find motorolas factory image page? am i stupid or are they dicks and not doing it any more?
thanks in advance for the help and for patients with my reversion to a noob.

Factory SBF images here: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0

Follow the instructions in the "Return to Stock" thread. I don't know about call recording, so can't advise on that.

I can tell you that if and when you upgrade to 4.4.2 or above, you can never go back to 4.4 - If you attempt to downgrade once on 4.4.2, you WILL brick your phone.

Good Luck
6th July 2014, 03:32 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

486 posts
More
thank you i actually know about this site however im looking for the official motorola files specific to the dev editions,

ok i found it, this is what ive been looking for

https://motorola-global-portal.custh...ecovery-images

also if you flash the imgs manually as opposed to rds lite and DO Not flash the bootloader you can go back.

so for example im on 4.4 su1 and flash the system.img from su2 i can go back to su1, because attemting to flash the su1 boot.im over the su2.img is what bricks you
Last edited by TheWhiteChallenger; 6th July 2014 at 03:47 AM.
6th July 2014, 03:42 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Thanks Meter: 914

2,182 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteChallenger

thank you i actually know about this site however im looking for the official motorola files specific to the dev editions,

ok i found it, this is what ive been looking for

https://motorola-global-portal.custh...ecovery-images

also if you flash the imgs manually as opposed to rds lite and DO Not flash the bootloader you can go back.

so for example im on 4.4 su1 and flash the system.img from su2 i can go back to su1, because attemting to flash the su1 boot.im over the su2.img is what bricks you

The VZW XT1060 rom hosted at SBF Droid Dev.org and requestable as the XT1060 Dev Edition from Moto directly are the same. Verified if you unzip and do a file compare of the IMG and BIN files included. At one point the XML files differed slighty in that the DEV Ed SBF from Moto had an extra reboot in the XML while flashing, and the erase cache and erase userdata statements were included in one but not the other.

In the OP you mention you have a Ultra Maxx running the Moto X rom... so I don't know if the same conditions apply, but on a Real X... if you flash just downgrade just SYSTEM.IMG, you will have issues. For example Settings -> Security will kick you back out of that menu. Other problems might arise too. Also, while in this state of miss matched GPT.BIN and MOTOBOOT.IMG (bootloader) vs ROM version, should you take an OTA update best case it will fail, worst case it will brick.
28th September 2014, 11:03 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

486 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJoe

The VZW XT1060 rom hosted at SBF Droid Dev.org and requestable as the XT1060 Dev Edition from Moto directly are the same. Verified if you unzip and do a file compare of the IMG and BIN files included. At one point the XML files differed slighty in that the DEV Ed SBF from Moto had an extra reboot in the XML while flashing, and the erase cache and erase userdata statements were included in one but not the other.

In the OP you mention you have a Ultra Maxx running the Moto X rom... so I don't know if the same conditions apply, but on a Real X... if you flash just downgrade just SYSTEM.IMG, you will have issues. For example Settings -> Security will kick you back out of that menu. Other problems might arise too. Also, while in this state of miss matched GPT.BIN and MOTOBOOT.IMG (bootloader) vs ROM version, should you take an OTA update best case it will fail, worst case it will brick.

thats interesting im not sure what would be diff but ive had no issues with mis match but thanks for the info
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread