Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 42,467 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

XT1053 reception issue

Tip us?

M973
Old
(Last edited by M973; 8th May 2014 at 05:25 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Default XT1053 reception issue

I've searched here in XDA and the web, can't find anything regarding this:

My friend has the XT1053 GSM moto maker using AT&T. He hasn't unlocked or rooted, running stock 4.4.2

Seems when he has wifi on, even though he's not connected to anything, his calls get very garbled, mostly he experiences it when he's driving, as that's when he makes calls on it mostly, and because of that it's difficult for him to check his signal strength in the status bar at that moment. I hadn't heard of wifi simply being enabled causing an issue like that, but seems greatly improved when he has it off. I told him he shouldn't have to toggle off wifi to make a call, maybe he should get it replaced under warranty (or at least call Moto tech support to see if there's some trouble shooting, though I wonder if they'll be of help)
Wondering if anyone has heard of this happening on that model (or any phone, for that matter) I have the XT1058 unlocked, rooted, 4.4.2, Xposed, etc., with no issues. He hasn't tried it with data on, as his data plan is limited, so he just turns on data to check email, then turns it off.

Thanks

ghstudio
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by M973 View Post
I've searched here in XDA and the web, can't find anything regarding this:

My friend has the XT1053 GSM moto maker using AT&T. He hasn't unlocked or rooted, running stock 4.4.2

Seems when he has wifi on, even though he's not connected to anything, his calls get very garbled, mostly he experiences it when he's driving, as that's when he makes calls on it mostly, and because of that it's difficult for him to check his signal strength in the status bar at that moment. I hadn't heard of wifi simply being enabled causing an issue like that, but seems greatly improved when he has it off. I told him he shouldn't have to toggle off wifi to make a call, maybe he should get it replaced under warranty (or at least call Moto tech support to see if there's some trouble shooting, though I wonder if they'll be of help)
Wondering if anyone has heard of this happening on that model (or any phone, for that matter) I have the XT1058 unlocked, rooted, 4.4.2, Xposed, etc., with no issues. He hasn't tried it with data on, as his data plan is limited, so he just turns on data to check email, then turns it off.

Thanks
That's very interesting....I have garbled voice when my moto x is connected to my car on bluetooth and I almost always have wifi on. I am going to try that with wifi off to see if maybe you are on to something here.
The Following User Says Thank You to ghstudio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

M973
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghstudio View Post
That's very interesting....I have garbled voice when my moto x is connected to my car on bluetooth and I almost always have wifi on. I am going to try that with wifi off to see if maybe you are on to something here.
Will be interested to know

M973
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
wondering if you tried toggling off wifi to see if call quality improved?
I told my friend we should definitely call tech support, maybe there is a "fix" of some kind, it definitely is much worse with wifi on, call is very garbled, as soon as he switches it off, it's fine.