Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 45,478 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

So all my pics got deleted

Tip us?

WolfsFang
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Thumbs down So all my pics got deleted

Out of no where my phone has lost all of its pics. Wondering if this has happened to anyone else? I went to go open my gallery and found I had no images in it, I did have my other albums but anything taken with the camera was deleted.

brian Marshall
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsFang View Post
Out of no where my phone has lost all of its pics. Wondering if this has happened to anyone else? I went to go open my gallery and found I had no images in it, I did have my other albums but anything taken with the camera was deleted.

Do you back up to Google+?

Folders are tagged to show in the gallery. I'd check the file system and see if everything is still there.

WolfsFang
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian Marshall View Post
Do you back up to Google+?

Folders are tagged to show in the gallery. I'd check the file system and see if everything is still there.
Yes i do back everything up with Google plus. It's just strange how this happened. My phone never turned off it just poofed out of thin air.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

gskelter
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Yesterday a message appeared in my gallery saying there is no memory or pics in the folder and close itself, reboot the phone and everything works fine

Enviado desde mi XT1053 mediante Tapatalk

kenosis
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Try wondershare to restore photos back

Sent from my XT1053 using xda app-developers app

WolfsFang
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Little update, now I can't record anything. It just says unable to capture media.

Mr. Orange 645
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Little update, now I can't record anything. It just says unable to capture media.

Sounds like the virtual SD card partition is corrupt. I would try a reboot and if that doesn't work you may have to do a factory reset.

What happens when you plug the phone into a computer?