Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,599 Members 36,173 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone tried using a 64GB USB flash drive with moto x?

Tip us?

GrillMouster
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Anyone tried using a 64GB USB flash drive with moto x?

I recently acquired a 64GB USB flash drive (Kingston USB 2.0 Data Traveler micro). The drive originally came formatted in FAT32. It worked fine on my 2013 Nexus 7 (stock rooted) with Chainfire's Stickmount app, but not on my Verizon DE moto x (stock rooted). Basically, the x won't recognize that a drive is attached at all and it won't mount. I tried reformatting the flash drive in NTFS and exFAT, but still wouldn't work moto x. I have a 2GB flash drive that works just fine on the moto x in FAT, FAT32, and NTFS, so I know the moto x will read drives in those formats.

I was wondering if the problems I'm having with the 64GB drive on the moto x have to do with the storage size or if it's something else with this particular brand/model flash drive. Before I buy another 64GB drive I was wondering if anyone else has had similar problems or successes in getting a 64GB flash drive to work with the moto x.

nhizzat
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Since nobody has answered you and I've been searching for answers, the Sandisk 64GB Dual USB drive I just picked up works on my Moto X running 4.4.2. Paragon NTFS&HFS+ is necessary because my card is still exFat. Stickmount isn't necessary with 4.4.2 but it is with 4.4. The only issue I have is trying to figure out how to have the USB drive show up as an external drive instead of a virtual folder within the internal sd card.