Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] XT1058 SIM lock mystery

OP ChadFM

21st May 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #21  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Thanks Meter: 913

2,180 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFM

I did last flash an AT&T XT1058 SBF.. so you're right, that supports that at least some of the fields are HW-based.

Maybe there's some international carrier that locks the XT1053, and it just happens to work on TMobile?

If there is, I'm not sure who.

Do you have access to someone else who could try their Non-T-mobile SIM in your phone?

Is it possible the network unlock pin is actually a PUK or PUC Code? see also -> http://www.att.com/esupport/article....id=R7O-u149SD_
21st May 2014, 03:09 PM   |  #22  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJoe

Do you have access to someone else who could try their Non-T-mobile SIM in your phone?

Is it possible the network unlock pin is actually a PUK or PUC Code? see also -> http://www.att.com/esupport/article....id=R7O-u149SD_

I've tried a few SIMs. My own TMobile and SIMPLE Mobile SIMs work. I've tried one h2o SIM and two AT&T SIMs, which all asked for an unlock PIN. So, I don't think it's a PUK/PUC issue.
21st May 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #23  
Langley, BC
Thanks Meter: 183

615 posts
There was an XT1053 from Mexico or something, but it wouldn't be locked to t-mobile. If anything I'd guess it was some sample phone sent to t-mobile for testing. The back cover may have been branded as such so someone swapped it out to hide that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread