5,597,261 Members 40,479 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Yo. I cant unlock my bootloader (SPRINT)

Tip us?

Prestige_DOPE
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Yo. I cant unlock my bootloader (SPRINT)

When i put the code on the Motorola website it says my device isnt qualified. Whats the problem? I asked customer service and they said its because i didnt have a developer edition. I know this isnt the case. Thats just stupid.

shloho
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Make sure to follow instructions and remove spaces after you copy and paste

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Prestige_DOPE
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shloho View Post
Make sure to follow instructions and remove spaces after you copy and paste

I did. I followed QBking77's video. Did all that stuff.

VegasRooted
Old
(Last edited by VegasRooted; 24th December 2013 at 05:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 144
Default Same Issue...

Same thing happened to me with a 32GB Sprint Moto X that I just received two days ago. I have already used the Motorola website to unlock a 16GB model bought directly from Sprint, and I also used it to unlock a 32GB Sprint model that I bought from the MotoMaker site a month ago...but this Moto X that came two days ago (bought from MotoMaker during the $150 off promotions) is showing the same "device not eligible for bootloader unlocking" message that is mentioned in the OP. I have read that this has happened to a few folks, and might be due to Motorola not having that specific phone (IMEI) and/or unlocking code added to the system yet, especially if you just received it? (In other words, some who have received that message have later been able to unlock, they just had to wait for some period of time?) If that is the case, I would imagine that it would be more common right now with the flood of Moto X's that they had to crank out after the $150.00 off promotions.

Who knows...hopefully with the passage of time you will be able to unlock eventually.

Cheers,
VegasRooted
The Following User Says Thank You to VegasRooted For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shloho
Old
Thanks Meter 4
No. I also followed qbking and it didn't work because his method gives you two spaces. Follow Motorola's instructions and you'll be good. That's what happened to me.

The Following User Says Thank You to shloho For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kj2112
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1630
Mine did the same when I first got it, then just worked the next day. Just keep trying.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to kj2112 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]