Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM][4.4.4][Official][CMB Roms - Ghost [Moto X] All variants with Unlocked Bootloader[07/14/14]

OP nycbjr

Announcement from nycbjr: CMB 4.4.4 - Moto X editiion
1st August 2014, 05:12 AM   |  #51  
Bill Idol's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 49
 
555 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryh420

I saw 4.4.4 custom roms before android version 4.4.4. was even released in US. I ran some, while, and still am on 4.4.2. do you have to upgrade from 4.4;2 to 4.4.4 to run this Rom?

And what happened to the warnings about making sure you were on the right release before flashing? guess I been out of the loop awhile.

Anyone?

I am on 4.4.2 and I flashed this ROM and it runs great. So no you don't have to be on 4.4.4 to run this rom. Battery is OK but since I use it a lot I still charge it every chance I get.

Sent from my Moto X using XDA Free mobile app
2nd August 2014, 09:43 AM   |  #52  
Spazmatism's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Colorado Springs, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 993
 
1,040 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Liked this ROM, I plan to keep it but what will be the fate of it's development for Moto X without an maintainer on CM's side? Will be kept as usual? (Also, it still has the same bugs as CM? I didn't had enough time to test everyone out of it yet.)
2nd August 2014, 10:28 AM   |  #53  
Bill Idol's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 49
 
555 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazmatism

Liked this ROM, I plan to keep it but what will be the fate of it's development for Moto X without an maintainer on CM's side? Will be kept as usual? (Also, it still has the same bugs as CM? I didn't had enough time to test everyone out of it yet.)

I don't know what bugs because I haven't run a custom ROM in such a long time. I do know that with CM in the beginning of the ROM development for Moto X it was the speaker phone always out. This ROM the speaker phone works fine.

Sent from my Moto X using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
5th August 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #54  
orky87's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
202 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
This ROM refuses to flash it flash fails after 2-3 seconds coming from a freshly stock+rooted 4.4.2 EU ROM.

xt1052
Last edited by orky87; 6th August 2014 at 01:18 AM.
8th August 2014, 11:59 PM   |  #55  
nexuspur's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 101
 
371 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
uncheck mount system if you flsh it via twrp
24th August 2014, 02:14 PM   |  #56  
trevorftard's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Brenham, TX.
Thanks Meter: 13
 
101 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Where can I get easy updates for this ROM? There's no update option in the settings.
30th October 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #57  
Junior Member
Austin
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Donate to Me
More
Unable to Boot on RW XT1049
I've been unable to boot on Republic Wireless XT1049 with unlocked bootloader. It just goes to the "warning bootloader unlocked" screen, vibrates once, and stays on that screen.

I unlocked with Sunshine method,, flashed TWRP v2.8.0.1, flashed supersu image, and am able to run stuff like Titanium Backup just fine, so it looks rooted ok. I extracted the boot.img to my PC, and tried flashing it, just for the sake of troubleshooting, with both fastboot and mfastboot. Although, I don't think flashing the boot image first is necessary. I tried back-to-back reflashes & back-to-back reboots, which has helped when flashing ROMs on other devices. After giving up for a while, I restored my TWRP backup without bothering to flash the stock boot image, and it boots restored stock ROM just fine.

Prior to flashing, I did Advanced Wipe -> Dalvik Cache, Data, Cache, and System, then install/flash the ROM. Each time I start to reboot, it says not rooted, and asks to install SuperSU. I've wiped, installed, and rebooted with, and without, installing SuperSU.

All the above attempts were without signature check, which is default, and which is what I've usually done on other phones. I saw no errors reported. I finally tried with signature check, and got error, "E: Zip signature verification failed: 1". Does that simply mean I need to re-download the ROM? If so, then I have to wait once again until I get home tonight. Mediafire.com appears to be blocked here at work.

settings -> about phone -> HW version = P30.
settings -> about phone -> Baseband version = MSM8960PRO_BP_2323.034.116.00R

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
30.B4 (sha-a542ee0, 2013-12-20 15:07:04)
eMMC: 16GB Toshiba RV=06 PV=01 TY=17
DRAM: 2048MB Hynix S4 SDRAM DIE=4Gb

Sorry for the long post. I'm a noob, just trying to provide as much info as I could think of Thanks!
30th October 2014, 07:50 PM   |  #58  
nycbjr's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,019
 
616 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lexus

I've been unable to boot on Republic Wireless XT1049 with unlocked bootloader. It just goes to the "warning bootloader unlocked" screen, vibrates once, and stays on that screen.

I unlocked with Sunshine method,, flashed TWRP v2.8.0.1, flashed supersu image, and am able to run stuff like Titanium Backup just fine, so it looks rooted ok. I extracted the boot.img to my PC, and tried flashing it, just for the sake of troubleshooting, with both fastboot and mfastboot. Although, I don't think flashing the boot image first is necessary. I tried back-to-back reflashes & back-to-back reboots, which has helped when flashing ROMs on other devices. After giving up for a while, I restored my TWRP backup without bothering to flash the stock boot image, and it boots restored stock ROM just fine.

Prior to flashing, I did Advanced Wipe -> Dalvik Cache, Data, Cache, and System, then install/flash the ROM. Each time I start to reboot, it says not rooted, and asks to install SuperSU. I've wiped, installed, and rebooted with, and without, installing SuperSU.

All the above attempts were without signature check, which is default, and which is what I've usually done on other phones. I saw no errors reported. I finally tried with signature check, and got error, "E: Zip signature verification failed: 1". Does that simply mean I need to re-download the ROM? If so, then I have to wait once again until I get home tonight. Mediafire.com appears to be blocked here at work.

settings -> about phone -> HW version = P30.
settings -> about phone -> Baseband version = MSM8960PRO_BP_2323.034.116.00R

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
30.B4 (sha-a542ee0, 2013-12-20 15:07:04)
eMMC: 16GB Toshiba RV=06 PV=01 TY=17
DRAM: 2048MB Hynix S4 SDRAM DIE=4Gb

Sorry for the long post. I'm a noob, just trying to provide as much info as I could think of Thanks!

I've experienced this occasionally. Sometimes it will take a long time at that screen, then it will boot. Usually a long time after first flash. Wait up to 5 minutes if it still doesn't boot.
cap a log cat.
5th November 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #59  
Junior Member
Austin
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbjr

I've experienced this occasionally. Sometimes it will take a long time at that screen, then it will boot. Usually a long time after first flash. Wait up to 5 minutes if it still doesn't boot.
cap a log cat.

I got it to boot, but it was a second download. Yes, the time that it stays on that screen varies, however I don't remember it taking that long anymore, once it's booted after the first flash.

I've flashed it several times, for various reasons.

One reason, is that I was trying to work out how to stop gapps from overwriting the awesome launcher. I was surprised when I saw gapps replace the existing launcher when I flashed the zip in TWRP. I kept trying to not flash gapps, but instead install only certain Google services by using Titanium Backup (TB) to capture them from my stock ROM, then load them after flashing the ROM. I tried a number of things, before trying something a lot more simple. I flashed this ROM, installed my zip of TB, made TB backup of launcher, installed gapps, then restored TB backup of launcher. I love the launcher in this ROM.

Unfortunately, I had to flash back to stock ROM, because I'm on Republic Wireless (RW). I tried using TB backups of the RW apps/services, but haven't figured out how to get them to work yet. I haven't yet tried to search the XDA forums, or RW forums, yet. I'll be doing so pretty soon.

Thanks!
6th November 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #60  
Junior Member
Austin
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Donate to Me
More
I found a cleaner solution to the dilemma of gapps overwriting the launcher, in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397942. If you're unaware, there are many versions of gapps, ranging from fully loaded, to extremely minimal google services. Although I just found it, and haven't tried flashing it yet. Check that thread for the downloads.

I'd gone quite a while not flashing ROM's & gapps. I'd guessed that such a search would've been difficult, but it was easy. Yay.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes