Also what recovery can I use?
Coming from Verizon on HTC Droid DNA.
I, for the LIFE of me, cannot root this phone.
Let me just type out the process I've gone through to see if anyone can see what I'm doing wrong.
1. Flash back to 4.2.2 camera using RSD or the manual fastboot flash xx method.
2. Skip setup, connect to WiFi
3. Go through RockMyMoto part of this script (doesn't seem to work for me anymore, all the steps complete, but SuperSU says the binary isn't installed).
4. I've already removed write protection, so I skip that step.
5. Flash back to clean 4.2.2 camera
6. Take OTA
7. Try using the install.sh (never works).
Am I doing something wrong? This just plain doesn't work anymore.
I know you were being helped in the other thread, but just in case.
Since you already have WP removed
1. Flash back to clean 4.2.2 camera update
2. Do the first part of slapmymoto
3. Install 4.4
4. Do the last part of slapmymoto
5. After issuing the last 3 commands of slapmymoto, wait about 1 minute, then reboot
6. After reboot, install SuperSU from play store and update binaries.
Ok, I've tried this literally 15 times in the past couple days, and on the last step, I always get stuck with "/system/bin/sh: can't create /sys/kernel/uevent_helper: Permission Denied."
I have tried rooting this device every possible way I can find on the Internet; I've used the official SlapMyMoto post, I've been pointed to a Reddit thread, I've used a theUnlockr guide, I've watched YouTube videos, I've followed steps users have given me to try, and I've tried a few "SlapMyMoto didn't work? Try this" threads, with ABSOLUTELY NO LUCK. This device is driving me absolutely nuts, I'm ready to stomp on it with all the force I can send through my leg. All I want is root access. Is there anything else I can try before just giving up and selling it, and getting a different device that actually works?
|moto x, root, toolkit, xt10|