[APP][LOCKED BOOTLOADER] BootieScreen - Personalize your boot screen, like MotoMaker!
Hey guys! This is an app I've been working on called BootieScreen.
will personalize your Moto X's boot screen with a message of your choosing. Think of it like the Moto Maker service but with so much more freedom! Using BootieScreen, you can choose...
- The font size
- The font color
- The typeface used (currently only uses system fonts. User fonts are on the way!)
- Where your message sits on the boot screen
- Exactly what your message says! (No profanity filter... if you're in to that sort of thing.)
Want to change your boot message? Just fire BootieScreen back up and re-personalize!
Want to remove your boot message all together? Hit the menu item labeled "RESTORE ORIGINAL BOOTSCREEN"
Want to install a new bootscreen graphic but you don't want to fuss with fastboot? Just drop your bitmap onto your phone at /sdcard/BootieScreen/clogoDeviceBackup.bmp
, fire up BootieScreen, and personalize from there! (If you just want to install your graphic with no personalization, just do the personalization with a blank message. There will be a quicker & easier way to install new graphics in a future release!)
Notice any bugs? Want to request a feature? Just wanna give me your 2-cents? Let me know here, and thanks for looking!
- This app requires your device to be rooted!
- This app currently only supports devices with LOCKED BOOTLOADERS. The reason for this is because it writes to clogo, which is used when the bootloader is locked. When the bootloader is unlocked it reads from logo, which is not something that BootieScreen is capable of writing to at this time. I am hopeful that I'll be able to support locked bootloaders in the future.
- BootieScreen is open source! Find it on github.
Download BootieScreen from the Google Play Store!
v0.4.0 (Feb. 2, 2014)
- New Moto Sans typeface
- In the case of an empty or corrupt clogo block, a stock graphic will be used.
- Added preliminary root and device restriction checks.
v0.3.0 (Jan. 19, 2014)
- New interface theme
- The vertical positioning of your message is now adjustable
- Added the option to manually re-pull the device's bootscreen graphic.
- Fixed a common force-close on app launch
v0.2.1 (Dec. 28, 2013)
- First public release
- Add a personal message to your device's boot screen
- Custom user fonts
- New bootscreen graphic installation
- An improved user interface
- And more!
I must say thank you to jcase
for his rooting methods for the Moto X
and his information about flashing clogo