Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Anyone try Eset with root and/or custom ROM?

OP janderia

21st April 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

18 posts
I was thinking about purchasing it but was wondering what the experience is like with custom ROMs and/or just stock with root. Since it's an antivirus app and is kind of expensive, I thought it might be beneficial to find out if anyone has had issues with it in those circumstances and specifically with the Moto X. Do you have Eset and a custom ROM or a rooted phone?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.eset.ems2.gp
21st April 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 131

703 posts
Why would you even consider an antivirus app? Stick to officially recognized app distribution channels and there's nothing to worry about.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nhizzat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhizzat

Why would you even consider an antivirus app? Stick to officially recognized app distribution channels and there's nothing to worry about.

Actually, the primary reason I want it is for the ability to create whitelists for texting. I'm hoping it's pretty solid in that area.

Edit: I am open to suggestions for other options that provide text whitelisting by the way. My issue is I get a lot of spam from different numbers and need to block texts for everything except about 50 numbers.
Last edited by janderia; 21st April 2014 at 09:52 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
antivirus, eset
Previous Thread Next Thread