FORUMS

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

[Q] Anyone try Eset with root and/or custom ROM?

Thanks Meter: 13

By janderia, Junior Member on 21st April 2014, 02:57 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I was thinking about purchasing it but was wondering what the experience is like with custom ROMs and/or just stock with root. Since it's an antivirus app and is kind of expensive, I thought it might be beneficial to find out if anyone has had issues with it in those circumstances and specifically with the Moto X. Do you have Eset and a custom ROM or a rooted phone?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.eset.ems2.gp

21st April 2014, 04:18 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 178

More
Why would you even consider an antivirus app? Stick to officially recognized app distribution channels and there's nothing to worry about.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nhizzat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2014, 06:33 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhizzat

Why would you even consider an antivirus app? Stick to officially recognized app distribution channels and there's nothing to worry about.

Actually, the primary reason I want it is for the ability to create whitelists for texting. I'm hoping it's pretty solid in that area.

Edit: I am open to suggestions for other options that provide text whitelisting by the way. My issue is I get a lot of spam from different numbers and need to block texts for everything except about 50 numbers.
Last edited by janderia; 21st April 2014 at 08:52 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
antivirus, eset
Previous Thread Next Thread