Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,632 Members 36,707 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Anyone try Eset with root and/or custom ROM?

Tip us?

janderia
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default [Q] Anyone try Eset with root and/or custom ROM?

I was thinking about purchasing it but was wondering what the experience is like with custom ROMs and/or just stock with root. Since it's an antivirus app and is kind of expensive, I thought it might be beneficial to find out if anyone has had issues with it in those circumstances and specifically with the Moto X. Do you have Eset and a custom ROM or a rooted phone?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.eset.ems2.gp

nhizzat
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Why would you even consider an antivirus app? Stick to officially recognized app distribution channels and there's nothing to worry about.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nhizzat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

janderia
Old
(Last edited by janderia; 21st April 2014 at 08:52 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhizzat View Post
Why would you even consider an antivirus app? Stick to officially recognized app distribution channels and there's nothing to worry about.
Actually, the primary reason I want it is for the ability to create whitelists for texting. I'm hoping it's pretty solid in that area.

Edit: I am open to suggestions for other options that provide text whitelisting by the way. My issue is I get a lot of spam from different numbers and need to block texts for everything except about 50 numbers.
Tags
antivirus, eset