Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,126 Members 42,695 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Customise Active Notifications

Tip us?

phoenix_rizzen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 171
Default Customise Active Notifications

I'm seriously considering getting an X to replace my broken Optimus G (Nexus4's big brother).

Something I haven't seen in my lurking through these forums or reviews online is whether you can change the colour for Active Notifications. For example,is it possible to make them red instead of white (mainly art night)?

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk

Mr. Orange 645
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_rizzen View Post
I'm seriously considering getting an X to replace my broken Optimus G (Nexus4's big brother).

Something I haven't seen in my lurking through these forums or reviews online is whether you can change the colour for Active Notifications. For example,is it possible to make them red instead of white (mainly art night)?

I'm driving but I bet if you extract the apk you may be able to alter the image files. That's a total guess though.

cupioscire
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:

It's possible in the app "active notifications"(search Google play for it), it's a clone of moto x's feature

Motorola Moto X DE XT1053

phoenix_rizzen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 171
Ah, found Dynamic Notifications in the Play Store that supports changing the colour. Nice. Thanks.

natezire71
Old
Thanks Meter 297
Quote:
Ah, found Dynamic Notifications in the Play Store that supports changing the colour. Nice. Thanks.

Should be noted you won't get particularly good battery though. The native Active Display is tied with hardware integration with the special cores. Using a 3rd party app to accomplish this doesn't use hardware integration--thus, it will kill your battery faster. Just an FYI.
MotoX, KitKat
Nexus7.2, KitKat

phoenix_rizzen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 171
True. I'll be sure to test with both versions to see if colour optimizations affect the battery enough to be worth it.