ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Customise Active Notifications

OP phoenix_rizzen

29th January 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 239

588 posts
I'm seriously considering getting an X to replace my broken Optimus G (Nexus4's big brother).

Something I haven't seen in my lurking through these forums or reviews online is whether you can change the colour for Active Notifications. For example,is it possible to make them red instead of white (mainly art night)?

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk
29th January 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 57

193 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_rizzen

I'm seriously considering getting an X to replace my broken Optimus G (Nexus4's big brother).

Something I haven't seen in my lurking through these forums or reviews online is whether you can change the colour for Active Notifications. For example,is it possible to make them red instead of white (mainly art night)?

I'm driving but I bet if you extract the apk you may be able to alter the image files. That's a total guess though.
29th January 2014, 07:15 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 80

182 posts
More
Quote:

It's possible in the app "active notifications"(search Google play for it), it's a clone of moto x's feature

Motorola Moto X DE XT1053
29th January 2014, 08:53 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

588 posts
Ah, found Dynamic Notifications in the Play Store that supports changing the colour. Nice. Thanks.

30th January 2014, 05:46 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 317

1,325 posts
More
Quote:

Ah, found Dynamic Notifications in the Play Store that supports changing the colour. Nice. Thanks.

Should be noted you won't get particularly good battery though. The native Active Display is tied with hardware integration with the special cores. Using a 3rd party app to accomplish this doesn't use hardware integration--thus, it will kill your battery faster. Just an FYI.
30th January 2014, 05:48 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

588 posts
True. I'll be sure to test with both versions to see if colour optimizations affect the battery enough to be worth it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread